View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 13:09
konebyvax
Forum Member

That's rather over the top. Of course this is all speculation...but just suppose that this offer is correct - and I have no doubt at all that she has been made extremely lucrative offers considering how over exposed she is - then what she is quoted to have said about not "selling" out and never putting her name to another brand and how "shameful" it is to do such a thing is imo just as salient a point for discussion as any other on a showbiz forum. I don't see the need for childish retorts about others trying to make themselves feel better.
The fact is, if she has/is considering it, it makes her a hypocrite, that would be quite a statement to make yet backtrack on at the whiff of making yet more money.
And for the record, I don't dislike the woman but don't like her either, nor the constant airplay she gets which is easy to avoid at home but unfortunately not elsewhere. I think she's overhyped and overplayed but appreciate other's don't.
I would have thought like her or not clearly it would be hypocritical of her, no matter how it's justified by others.

To be fair all humans are guilty of hypocrisy at some stage in their lives - whether in word or deed. And it would be really futile to try and argue otherwise. And this without the carrot of TEN MILLION DOLLARS. People's views change (certainly becoming a parent tends to make you very much re-evaluate many of your previoulsy held beliefs and actions). The difference between you and Adele is millions more people know about the beliefs she has had before and so there is no real hiding place
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote