View Single Post
Old 24-03-2013, 01:36
Goldbear86
Inactive Member

He was like an awful lot of teen "stars" very famous, very quickly and they fall just as fast. The history of pop is littered with them, and for the vast majority they have one hit that they are known for. The Beiberthing is always written as "The "Baby" singer", B'witched are "The C'est La Vie group". It is what it is.

For the vast majority of the public who would recognise him as a singer he is known for one song, nearly 20 years ago. 1996, number one album, 1997, new album goes to number 28. Then nothing until the cashing in on IACGMOOH.

He was hardly setting the world alight with his song, was he?
I've never said he did set the world alight? What I have said is seeing as he had more than one number single at that time. He was not a one hit wonder as implied because a one hit wonder wouldn't have had a further two number ones?

And I agree yes when people think of Peters pop career they think of mysterious girl, the same way when people think of like you say b*witched they think of Cest la vie or Steps they think of Tragedy for example.

But he at least was famous for having a pop career. Jordan was famous for all the wrong reasons.