View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 14:25
quirkyquirk
Forum Member

I'm familiar with the film and I don't rate it that highly either. IMO its OK but no more no less (and I found it too long as well). Mind you - I've watched TGTBATU several times and I don't see what the fuss is there either. The reason I watched it several times was I had a thing for Clint Eastwood in my youth and watched every film of his at least half-a-dozen times. I watched TGTBATU more recently with a more open mind and was bored stiff! For A Few Dollars More however was a different story - excellent from start to finish.

For me though - no western is as good as The Wild Bunch - I just wish I'd had the chance to see it on the big screen.
Completely agree with this.Don't get the love for Once Upon A Time in The West or The Good,The Bad and The Ugly.Both have great music and scenery but move way too slowly for me.I'm one of the biggest Clint fans there is which is another problem with TGTBATU for me.There's many sequences that he's not in or not doing anything.For A Few Dollars More is another story.I find that completely underrated and I can watch it over and over again.Never seen The Wild Bunch so I can't say.
quirkyquirk is offline   Reply With Quote