View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52
AoibheannRose
Forum Member

I like Ant I know a lot like Dec but he seems more fake, Ant is just how he is, but I wouldn't watch either if they were presenting on their own. They have to be together or nothing....................
Ant is much more natural, Dec needs Ant more than the other way round.

Dec feels more like an actor putting on a fake persona.

I could never see Dec lasting 10minutes in a solo presenting career
I don't think either of them comes across as being fake at all, in fact I would say that 'being themselves' on screen is one of the things they're best known for, no? In this interview http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...-dec-interview the writer actually says

I meet Ant and Dec on several occasions over several months, in production meetings, on film sets and photoshoots, and they are the only famous people I have ever known to be exactly exactly the same as their public persona. After a while, I become a bit obsessed with trying to work out what is real. Is their on-screen charm a telegenic invention, which they've trained themselves to keep up off-camera? In the end, there is only one possible conclusion: Ant and Dec owe their success in an industry built on artifice to of all things authenticity.

I do agree about them having to be together, it just wouldn't be the same if one was presenting on their own!

Forgot to add the reasons why I like Dec best in my other post. It's because he's cuter looking, interacts a lot more than Ant on their twitter account, and is funnier and wittier on there too. Oh and he's also the better singer and dancer of the two. I hold my hands up, I am a Dec fan-girl!
AoibheannRose is offline   Reply With Quote