Options

why oh why oh why oh why did I say that?

padpad Posts: 6,699
Forum Member
I get easily flustered when I talk to strangers and sometimes I say silly things but I really outdid myself this time...

I was getting off the bus by my house when I was approached by a woman I know to be a prostitute - I have seen her around for a while.

She came up to me and said "are you interested in some?"

and I said "No thank you I have got a bus pass"

WTF!!!! :confused::o

I know what I was trying to say ... I was trying to tell her that even if I was interested (which I wasn't) I didn't have any cash on me and hadn't even had cash for the bus, but why oh why did it have to come out sounding so stupid???????????

but then I am the person who went into a shop at Liverpool Street Station in London that only sells batteries and spoked to the sales assistant but forgot to tell him exactly what it was I wanted..

What did I say to the man in the battery shop?

"Do you sell batteries?..."

hopeless..... :rolleyes::(

Comments

• Options
    skyguy2003skyguy2003 Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi dont beat yerself up over it, people get tongue tied when edealing with strangers i for one do it on an odd occassion, yer only human, relax.
  • Options
    Arwen1972Arwen1972 Posts: 7,752
    Forum Member
    Oh bless you :) Thats made me chuckle .......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    :D:D that made me chuckle, better than just saying no, atleast you wont have got are you sure, off her! :D
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Thats given me the best giggle of the afternoon - thankyou :D and I'm not laughing at you - more with you as I think we all say daft things from time to time - mouth speaks before the brain engages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I'm laughing with you too as that is just the kind of thing I do :)
  • Options
    SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's hilarious :D She's probably laying on the job right now trying to work out what you meant :D:D:D Ace! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahah oh god i do that all the time, i think far too ahead of myself in my head and come out with the "concluding sentence" which is miles ahead in terms of logical steps from the current conversation and people always get a bit confused...:o
  • Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry I always say stupid things. Most of the time I forget what it was I was going to say and stand there going "Erm.. errr.. umm.." :rolleyes: Even getting on the bus I always say "Erm" before telling the driver where I want to go, I just can't help it, especially when the bus is packed and everyone's staring at me!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work in a surgery and the receptionist went into the waiting room and was talking to a child in front of her parents. She was saying come on stand up you can do it you can walk over there can't you, you know you want to. The room suddenly went quiet and the atmosphere changed. This receptionist has a heart of gold and wouldn't hurt a fly, but it turned out this child had problems and was not able to stand or walk :eek:

The receptionist found out afterwards and was horrified by what she had said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bus pass thing is completely brilliant, you should be proud of your comic genius! I am definitely going to say that to anyone soliciting me in future. xx
  • Options
    BellaaahhhhBellaaahhhh Posts: 19,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh pad! Do you realise how absolutely loveable that makes you sound:)
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh pad! Do you realise how absolutely loveable that makes you sound:)

I was going to say the same thing. If it was me I would have thought how cute and what a lovely man. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is brilliant! I am so going to say that if I ever get into that position :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people have said, you're only human Pad :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL :D That is excellent!! Classic :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "No thank you I have a bus pass", sounds like you're saying, "thanks all the same, but I'm bit past all that kind of hanky panky!!!" ROFLMAO! Aww
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey dont beat yourself up about it! that is a great quirk to have! i come out with rubbish all the time but i think it makes me unique quite often people say to me what are you on about! but we end up having a laugh about it!

just learn to laugh at yourself and not take it to heart to much! it doesnt reflect on the kind of person you are!
  • Options
    padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    just learn to laugh at yourself and not take it to heart to much! it doesnt reflect on the kind of person you are!

I did laugh afterwards ... I don't have trouble laughing at myself - I get plenty of opportunities :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pad wrote:
    I did laugh afterwards ... I don't have trouble laughing at myself - I get plenty of opportunities :)

it gets easier with time! i often wonder what people think of me too much i'd be much happier lving in ignorance of what others think of me! iworry to much about it!

but how often do we come across people who are a little quirky or do what you have done and either find it funny or not take a blind bit of notice! wouldnt the world be boring if we were all the same! ;)
  • Options
    paulmellerspaulmellers Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pad wrote:
    She came up to me and said "are you interested in some?"

My mate had a herniated testicle and asked one for a bulk discount! He got it out and all!! :o
  • Options
    BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pad wrote:
    "No thank you I have got a bus pass."

I read this thread and thought everything had been said, but then I kept finding myself shaking with laughter - you know the kind that tones your stomach muscles?
  • Options
    SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biz wrote:
    I read this thread and thought everything had been said, but then I kept finding myself shaking with laughter - you know the kind that tones your stomach muscles?

Fun and exercise whilst seated at your PC! What more could we ask for :D
  • Options
    BizBiz Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fun and exercise whilst seated at your PC! What more could we ask for :D

Not much! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I am a complete numpty, and my friends have many reasons to laugh at me. But their fave one is when I was at my friend's house a few months ago. Everyone else was in the living room, which was separated from the outside by glass patio doors. I was having an argument with my boyfriend in the garden, and I stormed off towards the house... walked SMACK into the glass doors, in front of everyone in the living room. They were literally rolling on the floor laughing :D
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pad wrote:
    What did I say to the man in the battery shop?

"Do you sell batteries?..."

hopeless..... :rolleyes::(

Could've been worse, a good few years ago when I worked in an electrical shop I had a woman come in and ask if I sold Durex batteries! :D