View Single Post
Old 19-04-2013, 21:26
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

I am sick and tired of these accusations of historical sexual abuse from people who were adults at the time of the alleged abuse.
Why? Adults can be sexually abused too

I am in my 70th year and during my late teens and early 20s had my bottom pinched and was embraced by men including the occasional celebrity. Do I regard it as sexual abuse? Not at all. If I had been dragged unwillingly and had been forced into sex, that is a different matter but it appears that most of these accusations are of the very mild variety.
Mild to you perhaps because you willingly accepted such behaviour. For those who didn't, it would not be considered mild.

I think it is a celebrity witch hunt that is degrading the awful acts perpetrated by JS and also by many non celebs - most of the latter will never be reported as they will not result in any form of compensation.
The difference is that witches don't exist, so hunting them is pointless persecution. Sexual abusers do.

When I was 12 I was on a children's TV Programme called "The House that Jim built". It had various segments including one by a young man who told a story and painted pictures - yes good old Rolf Harris. He was a most charming person and I have always had a great affection for him. I hope this does not ruin his career even at his age and that he returns soon to our TV screens. I simply cannot believe he is guilty of anything serious at all.
In private, a publically charming and affable person may be very different.