View Single Post
Old 20-04-2013, 13:49
WhisperingGhost
Forum Member

After the whole Britney Spears breakdown I thought something would have changed, but clearly not. I remember reading somewhere that some publications had her obituary ready and waiting, that just made me ill, that there was people just waiting for her to die rather then help.

To be brutally honest I think the fault lies with us, the press is not designed to be ethical, it is there to be bought, and 'child star in breakdown' sadly, sells. They are only printing what they know people will buy, of course I am not condoning it I am just saying this is how it works. If the public didn't want to witness someone falling apart publicly the press wouldn't cover it, I think we should be the ones saying 'no'.
But are we creating a demand for it or are the press? I dont want see this kind of thing (particularly what happened to Britney, which was brutal & a lot of people did think she was going to die at any point back then).
I think the tabloids create the demand and allow us to play the role of vultures along with them. But, if we had a choice and there was a public vote, I'd like to think the majority would vote that we do not want to see this kind of stuff publicised as it can only ever be detrimental to the person being written about anyway. It creates an unnecessary demand.
WhisperingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote