View Single Post
Old 21-04-2013, 20:42
Rastus Pieface
Forum Member

That is because you can produce no facts to back up your beliefs. Some figures would be nice. Otherwise it just seems, to me and to others, that you are just following the right wing agenda of demonising the poor. You brought it up , so you back it up with some facts.
i did. i posted a bbc link. and i quoted the relevant section from that link. if you don't like the facts from that link, then complain to the BBC.

Strange how now schools use a credit card system that is the same even if your on free school means, no one stands out at all.
technology does move forward you know.

You would think that they are trying not to stigmatise people
or taking advantage of modern technology.

Are you speaking from experience? if not how do you know what it feels like to the recipients, have you ever seriously discussed it with them or been involved in helping at a food bank?
i have no experience of using food banks, yet i have shopped in charity shops many times. i have never felt shame, embarrassment or felt i was stigmatised.

i have given food in the past to the church for harvest festival. and we give clothes and books on regular occasions to the local charity shops.

i have never helped out at a food bank, as there are none around our area. therefore i have never spoken to someone who uses a foodbank, but i will bet you any amount of money you like that not everyone who does use them feels shame or embarrassment or feels stigmatised. to do so would be a huge generalisation.
Rastus Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote