View Single Post
Old 22-04-2013, 15:19
lexi22
Inactive Member

Jeremy Clarkson - he has done so much to raise money for the good of the local community where I spent the first 20 years of my life, all for free, all unsung, all with good humour, and all because he wants to out of gratitude for what that community has done for his children since he moved there and the benefits they got from growing up there. That's the Jeremy the town knows, not the image he portrays on TV!
I see no problem with his tv image. He's funny, opinionated, loves to provoke and happily takes the pee out of himself just as much as he does other people/things. I'll take his brand of bullish 'like it or lump it' any day of the week over the endless parade of anodyne presenters/celebs whose energies go into dumbed-down people-pleasing. There have been a couple of times when he's maybe gone too far but generally, he's a breath of fresh air in a PC-riddled world. Also, it's the image he portrays on tv that's won him a huge international audience so that in itself proves his loveability.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote