View Single Post
Old 23-04-2013, 22:30
RuinedGirl
Forum Member

I really don't get why it is when your a celeb and you stop being what everyone thought you were your "mentally ill".

The medical definition for mental illness is: when you are or could be a harm to yourself and others.

I was watching a documentary on E! where she said she does miss hanging out with kids her own age who weren't actors. This was when she was 13.

She's unhinged but I read her tweets she knows this and as a result I don't think she's anywhere near lilo. Someone asked "where are your parents" she said she hasn't talked to them because she's unable to forgive them. For what I wish I knew.

She knows about her body image problem and has addresses her bulimia and anorexia. As for the YouTube vid my mates used to duck face for attention and Facebook hits all the time. . Weird I know

I honestly think she is addressing her issues in her way. It may not be orthodox but its not harming anyone. Plus if i felt wronged by my childhood I would want to get rid of all reminders my look especially, so I don't blame her for the image overhaul.
To be honest, I do think she's a danger to herself. She's clearly abusing drugs (probably as a form of self medicating in an attempt to fight her demons) and doesn't appear to have any real friends to support her. Which leaves her at risk of putting herself in dangerous situations. Not to mention the fact she doesn't seem to know what she's doing most of the time.

I don't think reinventing yourself or drastically changing your appearance is a sign of mental illness. But she hasn't just done that. She's been arrested numerous times over the past few years, has been spotted talking to inanimate objects, been kicked out of the gym for behaving erratically, not to mention locking herself in bathrooms for hours on end. All those things aren't an image change, they're a sign that something is very wrong.

As for the ''duck face'' video, I think there's a big difference between people posing in pictures/videos with their friends doing the ''duck face'' thinking it makes them look cool, and the video she posted. She's clearly off her face on drugs in it, and not just that, but that video makes it very clear to me that she isn't well mentally. This isn't someone who is just high, it's someone who simply isn't well.

Anyway, I'm not a psychologist, so perhaps I'm way off the mark (or maybe she's pulling a similar stunt to Joaquin Phoenix.) But I do genuinely believe that she's mentally unwell.
RuinedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote