View Single Post
Old 24-04-2013, 18:32
boddism
Forum Member

I am utterly baffled by celebs adherence to the CoS (I assume we have to be diplomatic here). I'm not exaggerating. In my view (he said diplomatically) a good case can be made out that they the organisation is simply crooked and designed to con vulnerable folk out of their money. (I once wanted to see how they operated and went into a branch in Tottenham Court Rd many years ago pretending I wanted a solution to my problems. The first thing I had to do was to fill in a questionnaire, all of which were horribly loaded: 'How long have you been unhappy', 'why do you think you are isolated' etc - nowhere was there the ability to answer, for example, 'I'm not unhappy', 'I don't feel isolated'. But I filled it in giving the answers they wanted, and then came the big sell: buy this book, buy this course etc. They are criminal scum (in my view - see above re Foreign and Commonwealth Office). Just google CoS 'teachings' to establish for yourselves what a bunch of nine bob notes this crowd are.

But what is the attraction of guys like Mr Top Gun and Danny Zuko (and quite a few others)? Don't they have savvy agents advising them that all they will do is be asked for shedloads of dosh. Why do they bother? At least the former Mrs Top Gun had the nous to save her daughter from their clutches.
When both joined many years ago the negative stories were not so numerous, so they can plead ignorance.

With some religions once you've become involved for a long time its hard to leave, people stay to "save face". Ive heard this is the reason Danny is still in.
boddism is online now   Reply With Quote