View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 07:56
Blondie X
Forum Member

Anyone who claims that they have never told a lie is in my opinion, lying. As for the notion that Karren Brady should be imprisoned for telling a lie on a job application form over 20 years ago, I can't think of a bigger waste of the judicial system's time and resources. As has already been pointed out, this sort of thing was endemic in those days, and clearly S&S aren't bothered about it
and the police are hardly likely to want to pursue a prosecution over something so relatively minor which occurred so long ago. Brady has worked hard to get where she has, and is keen to encourage other women into similar positions. She should be admired for her work ethic, not dragged into the mire over a silly lie that she herself was brave enough to admit to.
This.

It may be frowned on more these days and you would probably get found out anyway but it was common practice 15/20/25 and more years ago. I've done it, most people I know have done it and we've all gone on to more than prove ourselves in our careers.

I can't condemn someone for blagging their way into an office job which, quite plainly, didn't actually require the degree the asked for. Tbh, I have a friend who used to work for S&S back in the early 90's and I think she lied to get her foot in the door as well.
Blondie X is offline   Reply With Quote