Thread: The Daily Pwice
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 15:12
aggielane
Forum Member

How many people do you know who dress their children - disabled or not - in a way that singles them out?

Personally, I don't know any and as for dressing them like pensioners - and I think a parent would have to be a bit odd or eccentric to do so. My sister bought my grandson a tiny flat cap, but that's a bit of a family joke as my late father used to wear one. Is that wrong?

When I went to school back in the 60's there were many children who were poor and dressed scruffily, but that was then - we've moved on now, and very few kids go around poorly dressed, so there was really no call for her remark at all.
I have seen children with disabilities whose parents dress them so out of their age range its ridiculous. Years ago you could spot a downs syndrome child a mile away. They all had the same haircut boys and girls and they all wore clothes that wouldn't be worn by any child the same age no matter if it was rich or poor.
Even now disabled or not you will find some families who just dress their children old fashioned which makes them stick out like a sore thumb. And that in my opinion is what Katie was trying to say in her cack-handed way