View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 15:48
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

No problem. I thought this was a discussion!

It could well have affected the other people who applied for the job and didn't get it and the credibility of S&S. I'm simply expressing my opinion and honestly am not in the least 'aeriated' about it! It's quite simply an interesting discussion point!

Yes, I said like/d. I'm probably somewhere in the middle but I can't honestly say I really dislike KB at all. IMHO KB gets too much of a hard time on The Apprentice forum far more than Margaret ever did. I was pleased when the team led by Karren beat Alastair Campbell's team on the Comic Relief edition of The Apprentice. It was most enjoyable to see Campbell and Piers Morgan squirming in the boardroom!

Gilliedew makes an interesting point about different CVs for different jobs. Of course people are going to highlight their experience/education where it fits with a particular job.

Also having read Blondie X's comments about this being more common in the past might well be true. These days employers have to be very careful about who they employ in certain roles. My experience has been to take important certificates for an employer to photocopy and keep on file.
Do you think she should be taken to court over it like some FM's seem to do?

As for Gilliedew's point about tailoring the CV to suit the job, it goes to show you perhaps shouldn't be quite so honest. If they hadn't told an prospective employer, they'd never have been any the wiser, and if Karren Brady hadn't told the Times interviewer about her fib, nobody would have known about that either.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote