Thread: The Daily Pwice
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 16:05
johartuk
Forum Member

I have seen children with disabilities whose parents dress them so out of their age range its ridiculous. Years ago you could spot a downs syndrome child a mile away. They all had the same haircut boys and girls and they all wore clothes that wouldn't be worn by any child the same age no matter if it was rich or poor.
Even now disabled or not you will find some families who just dress their children old fashioned which makes them stick out like a sore thumb. And that in my opinion is what Katie was trying to say in her cack-handed way
I wonder how much experience KP actually has of seeing kids with special needs in 'old fashioned' clothes? Remember, this is a rich woman who probably thinks that clothes which are two years old are 'old fashioned'. She's also wealthy enough to regularly replenish her kids' wardrobe with the latest designer gear. Many parents don't have much extra money to spare, especially when you factor in the other more essential things that a child with special needs would need to have and which cost money. It's easy for KP to forget that, because she never has to worry about the cost of anything.