View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 17:24
Jenny_Meadows
Forum Member

Some great examples there but not Cary Grant. There has never been any confirmation that he was gay, just idle speculation. People thought he might be gay just cos he SHOCK HORROR lived with another man. Many people close to him laughed off those rumours, including one of his ex wives who said "That's why we ****ed like rabbits" There is a great thread about it on IMDB, check it out if you have time. It's called "He was straight??". He might have been bi

Which is my pet hate. People confusing us bisexual people as either straight or gay. Look at katherine Hepburn or James Dean. Both had relationships with men and women, but you get people claiming them both as gay or straight. I actually think it is distasteful for people to be arguing the toss about people's sexuality, especially if they are dead and buried.

I understand the Luke Evans anger though, cos he declared he was gay. He could have realised he liked girls too though. I thought I was a lesbian up until I was 20, then to my surprise I met a man I really fancied. But I doubt it having read several older articles about him It's quite sad more than anything, I remember seeing him in Taboo on the west end, and commenting to friends that it was great to see such a talented, openly gay man. I was quite disappointed when he got success and went back on that, but I understand how hard it must be
I wasn't suggesting Cary Grant was just gay but Betty White actually mentioned him on a talk show when talking about closeted/bearding in the industry then sort of backtracked when the host said "Cary Grant was gay?". It also annoyed me when people forget about bisexuality. Lots of people like both and they are not confused/haven't realised they are gay yet etc.
Jenny_Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote