View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29
Nelsonator15
Forum Member

I was much the same with Ghibli. I had seen Spirited Away, Ponyo and Arrietty before, but no others. The Film4 season really helped and I've still got some more saved.

I think my favourite is My Neighbour Totoro - I absolutely want one! I suggest checking out the supposed hidden meaning to the film, although it may shatter your impression of the film... For me though, I thought it was really clever and the film had deeper meaning for me.

Thanks for all the info on FUOPH too, really looking forward to that!

Finally, Ghibli is awesome. Would love to see the museum in Tokyo one day...
I take it you mean the theory about
Spoiler

Once my last exam for the second year of my uni degree is out of the way after Friday, I'll try and get round to watching Arrietty on DVD, then after that I'll probably order Kiki's Delivery Service. I've probably mentioned it before, but I've noticed that it has an even higher Rotten Tomatoes rating than Spirited Away, so I'm definitely keen to watch it.

It's a shame that FUOPH doesn't come out in cinemas 'til August, but on the bright side I guess it's more time to seek out other Ghibli films first.

Oh, almost forgot: on Sunday I bought a Nausicaa comic (the first one) from a bookshop. Having seen the film, it'll be interesting to see the manga it was inspired by.
Nelsonator15 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote