View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 19:51
george.millman
Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108/...ice-axing.html

According to this, Young Apprentice has been nominated for a BAFTA for a second time, and Sugar says if it wins, he is going to sit down with BBC bosses and make them explain why they axed it.

I wonder if there ever will be another Young Apprentice? I know there aren't any plans for that at the moment, but you never know what might happen. It's not like with a drama where new series have to be confirmed quickly before the actors get other commitments. There won't be one this year, and probably not next year, but I think it will all depend on how Series 9 and 10 of the main show do. 2012 was a bad year for The Apprentice, the ratings went down on both the main show and Young Apprentice. Sugar has made it clear he wants to do more Young Apprentice; maybe if the next few series of the main show go well and pull in lots of ratings, he'll be able to convince the BBC. Or maybe once the contract expires, he and Mark Burnett will go and take it elsewhere, as happened with Big Brother. Anything is possible really...

I think that regardless of Young Apprentice though, Series 9 and 10 will determine the long-term future of the show. They could mark the end of a series that has had a great run, or they could be the opening of a new golden age. We'll have to see.
george.millman is offline   Reply With Quote