View Single Post
Old 23-05-2013, 11:29
zx50
Forum Member

I agree the bit in bold was inappropriate in the scheme of things. However, it is human nature to mix with people of your colour and culture, e.g. often black people mix with other black people, Jews often hang out with other Jews, Pakistanis often hang out with other Pakistanis etc. This explains the various large ethnic communities you find in certain parts of the UK, e.g. Luton, Bradford, Southall etc.

Also, I believe, people coming to live in this country should adopt UK culture (at least in public) and learn our language (namely English) as far as possible, rather than it being the other way around. What they do in the privacy of their own home is up to them. However, if you've been here for some time, I expect to be spoken to by an immigrant in English, and not have a communication problem, as I don't do foreign languages, since there is no need in my case.
Yeah, I agree with this. If they're coming to our nation, they should be expected to start learning our language. They need to adapt to the way we do things over here when they're in public. They can carry on doing their own thing when they're at home or when they're somewhere that's for their own culture, like say, a mosque or whatever.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote