Options

The Flavia Cacace Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I agree.

Gutted ... But now happy that they seem to have left by their own decision.

Daily Mail take on it. I like the way they have F&V leaving as the main story and Erin and Aliona seem to mentioned only in passing.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334147/Flavia-Cacace-Vincent-Simone-leave-Strictly-Come-Dancing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As soon as the news that Vincent is becoming a Daddy again surfaced I did wonder if they might walk away. I think they have made the right decision - and perhaps some of the other pros like Anton James and Ola should have thought too. Although with Vimcent, Flavia, Aliona and Erin gone it does give the others a chance.

The new four are not really tried and tested - although we got to see Iveta a little last year so I can't really see any of them winning (the same for Karen H). If I was to pick one pro (male and female) that I'd like to see win the glitterball this year I would go for Natalie and either Brendan or Pasha.

Yeah I had definitely toyed with the idea in my mind about them not coming back ever since they were both in the final last year. It is a good time for them to take a back seat probably as chances are they would both have got duffers and wouldn't have been able to work on their new show until after SCD had finished. This way they can hopefully get their new plans in place while still keeping their toe in the SCD door. :)

I'm quite happy to have James and Ola stay, and even Anton too... I don't like too many new faces at the one time and would miss the Jordans if they went at the same time as V&F and A&E... At least they are an established partnership :)
  • Options
    SettlePetal56SettlePetal56 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like it wasn't aliona's decision from her twitter post.

It's sad that they won't be part of the main show I think the writing has been on the wall for a while, but I'm with Sara on this, strictly'll be a lot let stressful this year!

I'm not a fan of change at all, there's going to be an adjustment period with the new pros
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    Really sad news :cry: Strictly certainly won't be the same without them.

It certainly wont, though I understand their decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like it wasn't aliona's decision from her twitter post.

It's sad that they won't be part of the main show I think the writing has been on the wall for a while, but I'm with Sara on this, strictly'll be a lot let stressful this year!

I'm not a fan of change at all, there's going to be an adjustment period with the new pros

Im not going to miss Aliona :o:o:o but I will really miss these 2 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that :) I won't deny that I'm not gutted by the news, but can definitely understand their reasons for it and think it probably was a very good decision for them to make this year.
    It will free up so much time for them to work on their new show, but at the same time they have made themselves available to come in for one or maybe even two tango showcases and also the Xmas special. This has all made it a lot easier for me to cope with today.... although probably on SCD launch day I'll be devastated all over again :D

I agree with what you say about their choreography too and they would take risks to keep their routines fresh and updated.

We're only left with two proper pro partnerships now which is a bit of a shame, but I suppose dancers adapt pretty easily to a new partner as they'll have done it often in real life probably.

who :confused: Are the Jordans still there ??? If yes, then Im quite happy about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    who :confused: Are the Jordans still there ??? If yes, then Im quite happy about that.

James & Ola and Robin & Kristina are the two that are left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flav's tweet of her and Vincents decision...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkjliq
    Hi Everyone! After an incredible and unforgettable 2012 on Strictly Come Dancing for both Vincent and I, we have decided we won't be partnering a celebrity on this year's show.
    However we look forward to continuing to perform on our favourite show and remain a part of the family, hopefully including partnering a celebrity in the christmas special.
    We feel it’s the right time to invest in our dancing knowledge and become better at what we do and keep providing our audiences and supporters with continued excitement through our dancing. Aside from hopefully performing on Strictly we have lots of new projects ahead which we are very much looking forward to working on.
    We have exciting times ahead with Vincent having his second child and me being newly engaged. We thank our supporters and fans for always being there and hope that together with us they look forward to exciting times ahead. We came to our decision earlier in the year and we would like to thank the BBC for their understanding and support. We wish everyone best wishes for the forthcoming series. Vincent & Flavia x

So they have known for a long time they wouldn't be back on the show full time, but I am glad to have them there in any capacity and happy that the BBC think enough of them to allow them the chance to concentrate on other things in their lives, while still being part of the SCD family :)
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello all, coming out of long-time Strictly forum lurking :)

Sad to see V&F not partnering celebs this year, but at least it sounds as if we'll still see them perform demos on the show, and the Christmas Special will definitely be something to look forward to now! :)

Have to admit I wasn't surprised, I've said for a while not that I wasn't convinced they'd do another series, especially after Flavia's engagement and now Vincent's expecting his 2nd child, and given that they'll be under quite a lot of pressure to make the next show as fabulous (or more, is that possible?!) than Midnight Tango. Everything Flavia's said in her tweet makes perfect sense to me, and I'm glad it seems to have been entirely their decision and that they're still fully supported by the BBC and held in the high regard they deserve :)

Strictly won't be the same, but it lost a lot of its true magic a few years ago anyway for me (apart from Flavia getting a glitterball at last, obviously) so I don't think it'll be too hard to take, and being less invested in it is actually quite liberating. Hopefully we'll get a few more cabarets and shows over the next year or so now that they're not restricted by Strictly timescales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James & Ola and Robin & Kristina are the two that are left.

Ah okay thanks, I like them both so thats great :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flav's tweet of her and Vincents decision...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkjliq

So they have known for a long time they wouldn't be back on the show full time, but I am glad to have them there in any capacity and happy that the BBC think enough of them to allow them the chance to concentrate on other things in their lives, while still being part of the SCD family :)

I concur :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,984
    Forum Member
    Well, people have speculated about it for years and there's been a few times when we thought it might have happened but it turns out that, Saturday 1st June 2013, is in fact, the official day that Strictly died! lol!

It's definitely lost it's magic now that V & F have decided to leave. I think they've made absolutely the right choice for them though. They're so successful outside of Strictly now, that being in the show is actually holding them back from their other work. And they've both gone out on such a high, SCD 10 was such a brilliant series for them it's lovely to leave after such success :)

I'm thrilled they'll still be popping up now and again though and that they will hopefully be in the Christmas special, that is definitely something to look forward too and I can't wait to hear more about this new show of theirs, so excited about that :D

And I'm pleased to see Janette been made a new pro, she was a favourite of mine on the US SYTYCD and she stole the show (along with Robbie) when I went to see BTF recently so really looking forward to seeing her on SCD. Hope she gets a great celeb :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JollyMolly wrote: »
    Well, people have speculated about it for years and there's been a few times when we thought it might have happened but it turns out that, Saturday 1st June 2013, is in fact, the official day that Strictly died! lol!

It's definitely lost it's magic now that V & F have decided to leave. I think they've made absolutely the right choice for them though. They're so successful outside of Strictly now, that being in the show is actually holding them back from their other work. And they've both gone out on such a high, SCD 10 was such a brilliant series for them it's lovely to leave after such success :)

I'm thrilled they'll still be popping up now and again though and that they will hopefully be in the Christmas special, that is definitely something to look forward too and I can't wait to hear more about this new show of theirs, so excited about that :D

And I'm pleased to see Janette been made a new pro, she was a favourite of mine on the US SYTYCD and she stole the show (along with Robbie) when I went to see BTF recently so really looking forward to seeing her on SCD. Hope she gets a great celeb :D

Yeah I think they have made the right decision too and agree that it had got to the point where SCD was holding them back from being able to do other things that they wanted to do but either didn't have the time, or weren't allowed to do while under contract to the BBC.
    I have shocked myself with how well I have coped with the news so far :eek: I was devastated when the news broke at first but then got more used to the idea. I know the closer it comes to the series actually starting though, the worse I will feel and I think it is only then that it will hit me that it is all for real. :(

I'm glad though that they have so many other plans and I can't wait to hear more about the new show plans etc.

I remember you talking about Janette before so out of all the pros this year, both new and old... then I am probably looking forward to seeing her most as I trust your judgement ;) and hope she gets this years hawt guy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone :)

Was wondering what people thought about doing a gift for Flavia and Vincent, a way for us fans to say thank you for the 7 amazing years on Strictly and good luck for everything they do in the future :)

Thought maybe we could do a memory/scrapbook type thing all about their time on Strictly, the dances, scores, their personal top stats, like Flav getting the first perfect 40 before a final and Vincent getting the most 10s with a female celeb etc. Sort of a, This is you Strictly Life type book. Would do one for each of them and then hopefully have loads of messages from everyone in the back for them :)

The message can be for Flavia and Vincent separately or if you want to do one for both of them together at the same time that's good too as I can just put those messages in both their books. Everyone is more then welcome to send a message, the more the better :) Can PM them or leave them in the thread and I will collect them all.

Also if anyone has any ideas as to what to put in the book or any fun little things we could include, suggestions are greatly appreciated :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think they have made the right decision too and agree that it had got to the point where SCD was holding them back from being able to do other things that they wanted to do but either didn't have the time, or weren't allowed to do while under contract to the BBC.
    I have shocked myself with how well I have coped with the news so far :eek: I was devastated when the news broke at first but then got more used to the idea. I know the closer it comes to the series actually starting though, the worse I will feel and I think it is only then that it will hit me that it is all for real. :(

I'm glad though that they have so many other plans and I can't wait to hear more about the new show plans etc.

I remember you talking about Janette before so out of all the pros this year, both new and old... then I am probably looking forward to seeing her most as I trust your judgement ;) and hope she gets this years hawt guy :D

I'm so glad they'll still be involved at times as that definitely softens the blow lol!

Yeah Janette is fab! LOVE this Cha Cha she did on SYTYCD :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6o6ZcqN18
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was wondering what people thought about doing a gift for Flavia and Vincent, a way for us fans to say thank you for the 7 amazing years on Strictly and good luck for everything they do in the future :)

Thought maybe we could do a memory/scrapbook type thing all about their time on Strictly, the dances, scores, their personal top stats, like Flav getting the first perfect 40 before a final and Vincent getting the most 10s with a female celeb etc. Sort of a, This is you Strictly Life type book. Would do one for each of them and then hopefully have loads of messages from everyone in the back for them :)

The message can be for Flavia and Vincent separately or if you want to do one for both of them together at the same time that's good too as I can just put those messages in both their books. Everyone is more then welcome to send a message, the more the better :) Can PM them or leave them in the thread and I will collect them all.

Also if anyone has any ideas as to what to put in the book or any fun little things we could include, suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

What a lovely idea :)

Might be a bit of work, but wonder what their overall scores of all their dances added together are? And their averages, both overall and ballroom and Latin separately.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lovely idea Molly and I think they would each love a keepsake of their time on SCD. I would love to give a message for each of them although it will be sad and I will probably end up blubbering while thinking of what to write :cry:

Love the idea of this and you are a star for offering to do it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Might be a bit of work, but wonder what their overall scores of all their dances added together are? And their averages, both overall and ballroom and Latin separately.

Oh that's a good idea, could do a total of all the points they accumulated over the years, then could do the number of 10s and perfect 40s, number of points for Latin and then for Ballroom, could even try and do a total number of points from each judge lol!
    Lovely idea Molly and I think they would each love a keepsake of their time on SCD. I would love to give a message for each of them although it will be sad and I will probably end up blubbering while thinking of what to write :cry:

Love the idea of this and you are a star for offering to do it :)

Yeah this one is def gonna be a mix of sad and happy, so sad that they're leaving but happy that they have so much else going on to look forward to too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh that's a good idea, could do a total of all the points they accumulated over the years, then could do the number of 10s and perfect 40s, number of points for Latin and then for Ballroom, could even try and do a total number of points from each judge lol!

Yeah this one is def gonna be a mix of sad and happy, so sad that they're leaving but happy that they have so much else going on to look forward to too :)

Well Ultimate Strictly is the place for finding loads of the stats all in one place :)

http://www.ultimatestrictly.com/

Do you have a date in mind for the messages to be in for Molly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Ultimate Strictly is the place for finding loads of the stats all in one place :)

http://www.ultimatestrictly.com/

Do you have a date in mind for the messages to be in for Molly?

I love that site, amazing Strictly resource :D

There's no deadline really for this so everyone can have till the end of June or something for getting messages in :) People can send them now too though and I can start collating it all, and if anybody knows anyone who doesn't pop on DS very often but would like to send a message then would be great to spread the word :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

There's no deadline really for this so everyone can have till the end of June or something for getting messages in :) People can send them now too though and I can start collating it all, and if anybody knows anyone who doesn't pop on DS very often but would like to send a message then would be great to spread the word :)

Good idea :) I'll ask Layla and Annie tomorrow as I don't think they read DS very often and might not see your post :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great idea , Im IN :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you for suggesting it, thats a really good idea :).
    Do you have a deadline :confused:
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Good morning everyone!!

Well, its Monday, and its a beatiful day, and looking like a beautiful week, too - BUT

Of course, the long expected major cloud drifted over the thread over the weekend.

Only to be expected sooner or later, of course, and after MT there is no doubt that they would be a draw far eclipsing MOST of the next years Slebs.

Did you see Aliona's tweets?? She was definitely NOT pleased to go!!!!

Have a great week, everyone - and don't forget to pass on your messages to v&F to JollyMolly!! I'm off to Holland for next weekend - more friends, m ore beer! *sigh*

JJ :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still trying to get my head around the fact that we won't have Flav every week on Strictly to look forward to... and while there is so much to miss relating to actually watching the programme itself, there are so many other aspects I will miss too including our 'Guess the Dress' game :(.... that was always good fun and a highlight of our thread even though we were all pretty rubbish at it. :rolleyes::o

Anyway, I've just emailed the BBC to say goodbye and good luck to all 4 of the departing pros, and I of course said how much I would miss Flav and Vincent, and that I hoped to see them as much as possible still as they were irreplaceable. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im coming out of just lurking on here! I have not posted in ages but I do still keep an eye on these boards (had to reset my password to get back in as I couldn't remember it lol)

I'm gutted that Flavia and Vincent won't be taking part in this season on SCD but I kind of seen it coming with how successful midnight tango has been but still doesn't make it any better that we are not gonna see them every week!!!

I will write a message for the book if that's ok? When is the deadline?
    :)