View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 23:11
Gigi4
Forum Member

Well, then, you are agreeing she doesn't do it all herself then and that is what that post I quoted was talking about. She's not some wonder woman media mogul, she employs people to do jobs for her, that includes stylists and designers. Also if you honestly think Madonna is any position to tell Jean Paul Gaultier what to do rather than what she likes, I've got some chocolate fireguards to sell you. However picking what she like doesn't make her a designer or stylist. It makes her a customer with preferences. If I buy I Ralph Lauren shirt I like, that doesn't mean I am styled by Ralph Lauren, it means I am wearing his style of fashion.
No one in the music business on Madonna's level does everything themselves. It would be impossible. Madonna has hired Jean Paul Gaultier to design costumes specifically for her tours. That's what I was talking about, not clothes she may wear at other events. She has hired him to make clothes for her tours that fit with the look she wants. You aren't able to buy those in a store. He sits down with her and she discusses the look she wants for her tour and he designs something specifically for her based on her wants and needs.
And a stylist does pick what clothes they like or suits their client from various designers . That's what a stylist does. Most stylists don't design clothes themselves. So if Madonna picks out what she wants to wear from various designers she is styling herself.