View Single Post
Old 17-07-2013, 12:04
Azura's Star
Forum Member

I imagine if he went about it in the right way, even people that can't warm to him would think that his efforts are commendable and would donate even a couple of quid. I think that seeing people who benefit from the work of cancer charities would make it more inclusive and people can see the *real* side of the battle against cancer.

This is what I don't understand about him. He's been given a *massive* platform by one of the most recognizable charities in the UK, and he still can't pull his finger out and support them properly. It *really* doesn't take a lot to spread the word. I should know. I volunteered for charities for a long time!

I know. That's what makes it really sad is that someone like PA has been chosen and is making a complete hash of it. I actually expected (slightly) more from him, even in a "me me me" sense of "Support this charity because it has the PA Seal of Approval" or some shizz. Oh God, his jokes. I groan whenever I see one pop up on my Tweet Deck *vomit*

ME! It's mine! It's all mine! *turns feral*

I remember just before I moved house, I went into a "Bargain Basement" type establishment and the place was full of PA calendars and unofficial KP ones. I nearly went blind with the amount of greasy flesh on show

*sigh* I don't know why I waste my bandwidth on this twerp, but I just love all your comments, good and bad...

Absolutely 100% this.
I think that one of the reasons why people are being so critical is that HE made such a song and dance about the charity and the "foundation" in the first place.
HE made the pledge and presumably HE set the figure that he promised to raise.
There doesn't seem to be anything at all on BBCAndre about the charity whatsoever.
He could surely have ensured that his FANS were being kept up to date with his fundraising - even if it was just something as relatively simple as "If you enjoy BBCAndre please pledge a pound for my charity" but he seems to be more interested in plugging himself, his coffee shop, his 60MM show and his overwhelming, overriding fabulousness.

@Nota - completely agree with you about Ronan Keating.
Personally I think he's a complete twerp, but as far as his charity goes I cannot fault him.

@BEL - you worry me hon, you really do.