View Single Post
Old 18-07-2013, 16:40
Mofromco
Forum Member

I remember when we went on a cruise and perfume sales were a big thing - UUUGGGHHH. I was already sea sick the first couple of days and then to not be able to get away from the cloying scents was awful - migraine highway - never wanted to go on another cruise.
For a long time I did not walk through the perfume section in department stores and that can take some doing since they seem to always put them at the front. Held my breath, head down and plowed through.
I am perfume and scent free and hate going to things like concerts and other large events as there is always someone who bathed in some noxious scent.

My scent memory is rather similar. I was traveling in Europe and on the Hovercraft that travels across the English Channel from Dover to France. It was a choppy trip so my ex-hubby was very ill. I'm not prone to motion sickness but somebody had bought Giorgio perfume duty free and doused herself and her companions with it. It reeked to high heaven. Couple that with the boat having, without a doubt, no contest, the absolute worst loo I'd ever had the dubious pleasure to see and smell (overflowing with poop)