Options

5Later, Kiss Me TV. PeaceTV.Proud Dating.True Entertainment all get ofcom licences

Comments

• Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Entertainment will start on Freeview tommorow at 6am on channel 61: http://www.a516digital.com/2013/08/true-entertainment-launches-on-freeview.html
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be nice to have kids channel from Channel 5, 4seven is pointless as no one watches it. 5later sounds like a unneeded catch up channel. Rather have Five Star on 24/7 :(
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised True Entertainment is the first CSC channel on Freeview.

Chart Show TV and True Movies are there flagship channels.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eladkse wrote: »
    True Entertainment will start on Freeview tommorow at 6am on channel 61: http://www.a516digital.com/2013/08/true-entertainment-launches-on-freeview.html

That was fast any news where the hours are coming from?
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eladkse wrote: »
    With programmes like 'The Waltons' and 'Little House on the Prairie' it will bring back memories of the '60s.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    With programmes like 'The Waltons' and 'Little House on the Prairie' it will bring back memories of the '60s.

I think will only target a niche. I don't think it pulls many viewers on Sky.
  • Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    That was fast any news where the hours are coming from?

It's using the 13th slot on the SDN multiplex - so is not available in Wales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised True Entertainment is the first CSC channel on Freeview.

Chart Show TV and True Movies are there flagship channels.

True Entertainment will be due a rebrand with the launch on Freeview, Maybe showing some things from True Movies as part of the new lineup. Launch Day for True Entertainment on freeview, Maybe its rushed as there is no info on the site yet for freeview:

http://www.truemovies.tv/tvguide/index.aspx?cID=3&selDay=1

Having said that its strange as True Movies 1 seems to have a better lineup at the moment.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    The Freeview EPG for True Entertainment does indeed show that the schedule is changing a bit, and Little House and The Waltons will be going back to their first episodes on Tuesday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    4seven is pointless as no one watches it.
    Nobody at all?

C4 must be pretty disappointed.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Nobody at all?

C4 must be pretty disappointed.

and its launching in HD check this out: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/html/tv/cs/dtps000102ba24sevenhd.htm
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »
    The Freeview EPG for True Entertainment does indeed show that the schedule is changing a bit, and Little House and The Waltons will be going back to their first episodes on Tuesday.

It is a big change to the one I posted on my website, and checked from multiple sources earlier on today. I can understand why they've decided to do it, but it may annoy existing viewers wondering why their favourite classic drama series has suddenly jumped back to episode 1!

I'm guessing they are expecting a significant increase in viewers with their expansion onto Freeview to justify the temporary inconvenience to their relatively small existing audience.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Maybe its rushed as there is no info on the site yet for freeview:

http://www.truemovies.tv/tvguide/index.aspx?cID=3&selDay=1

There is now! (Top of page linked to).
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quinnicus wrote: »
    I really really really hope that does NOT take off. We DONT WANT +1's or repeat channels, nevermind in HD. What a waste! With all the internet catch-up's, as well as DVR's, this is just getting bloody ridiculous.

All we need now is a 4Seven+1 and a 4Seven+1HD!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The +1 services are mainly about casual viewing as far as I can tell - another chance for the broadcaster at catching viewers as they channel surf and the opportunity for someone who switches on less than an hour into a show to catch the whole thing on the +1. On occasion they're also a way for people to resolve clashes when recording.

I think they're only a waste if they're genuinely preventing something else from launching...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True Entertainment should be able to get enough for the BARB figures from tomorrow as its on all platforms :)
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,419
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    Very likely.

There has been a suggestion that 5 Later might be a 4seven-style service. Other than that, it sounds like a late night channel of some description.

Nope. Only Peace TV is a DTAS, the rest are DTPS.

There is also an IPTV red button service coming to QVC Beauty (and probably the main QVC channel too - QVC Active is currently Inactive)

Yes, chrisy, that would be a logical option for the Channel 5 group and the 5Later channel would presumably show again the most popular programmes that were on Channel5, 5* and 5USA the previous day. It'll be better than a shopping channel, that's for sure.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjr wrote: »
    The +1 services are mainly about casual viewing as far as I can tell - another chance for the broadcaster at catching viewers as they channel surf and the opportunity for someone who switches on less than an hour into a show to catch the whole thing on the +1. On occasion they're also a way for people to resolve clashes when recording.

I think they're only a waste if they're genuinely preventing something else from launching...

When freeview HD is the only receiver (and most are doing IPTV) then the +1s can be done as IPTV channels and the main slots can be used for other things!
    Sky also need to invent a way to stream to their boxes then the same +1s can be done that way too, for all of Dsat boxes that are IP connected!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/072013

All the above channels are in the monthly ofcom updates so 5later might not be to far away from broadcasting on freeview.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,419
    Forum Member
    It will be nice to have kids channel from Channel 5, 4seven is pointless as no one watches it. 5later sounds like a unneeded catch up channel. Rather have Five Star on 24/7 :(

4seven does have a respectable 961,000 average daily reach viewing figure according to BARB and l dare say that 5Later (assuming it's the same type of channel) will also do reasonably well.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,253
    Forum Member
    http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/072013

All the above channels are in the monthly ofcom updates so 5later might not be to far away from broadcasting on freeview.

I'm slightly baffled how More4+1HD can be granted a licence when as far as I can tell there is not yet any More4+1 SD channel on Freeview? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    I'm slightly baffled how More4+1HD can be granted a licence when as far as I can tell there is not yet any More4+1 SD channel on Freeview? :confused:

For some reason thats More 4 & More 4+1 and More 4HD.

All in one license.

More 4+1 use to be on freeview but is not at this present time.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,253
    Forum Member

All in one license.

Okay, thanks for explaining that, it makes sense to me now! :)
  • Options
    Kevin_TiplerKevin_Tipler Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Bizman wrote: »

Slight correction, these shows started in the 70s.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All in one license.

Yes, I sem to remember reading some where that Ofcom were now allowing one licence for a channel and all it's variants.

But TV broadcast licences are just a rubber stamp nowdays anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Yes, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Ofcom were now allowing one licence for a channel and all it's variants.

But TV broadcast licences are just a rubber stamp nowadays anyway.

That true but sometime it all we have to go on that a new channel might be coming soon to freeview.