Intrusive adverts on the forum?

Comments

• jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else having a problem with big adverts appearing in the background and cutting off the sides of the pages? They page also looks really small if that makes sense?

Just wondering if it's an iPad problem or not?

Yes I am getting that just this afternoon, was ok this morning. I am on ipad. Quite annoying.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    Yes I am getting that just this afternoon, was ok this morning. I am on ipad. Quite annoying.

I know someone is go to light the blue touch paper and say it, but it isn't going to be me.:D
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    So far on my lappy everything's OK. On my Tablet (using Google Chrome) it's virtually impossible to read/post.

Incredibly annoying.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've got them now, never had any problems before.
    We all understand the need for advertising revenue, but they shouldn't intrude onto essential areas of the site. It's getting close to being unusable at present.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
    Hi all,

Very sorry for the problems. We've passed this thread and the tickets we've received so far on to our ad team to rectify.

It would be helpful to gather some screenshots of the problems just so we can use them as a reference too. Please email them to forum [at] digitalspy.co.uk (or upload them to tinypic.com and post the link below).

Thanks
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Very sorry for the problems. We've passed this thread and the tickets we've received so far on to our ad team to rectify.

It would be helpful to gather some screenshots of the problems just so we can use them as a reference too. Please email them to forum [at] digitalspy.co.uk (or upload them to tinypic.com and post the link below).

Thanks

Thanks.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Thanks

It happened on my browsers when I first opened up DS this morning and yesterday, but they went off after I'd zoomed in and out of the page, went elsewhere, came back again and reloaded the site.

If it happens again in tomorrow morning I'll take a screenshot and email it in.

Cheers
  • LoolabelleLoolabelle Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had these on my laptop. It started a day or so ago, but doesn't happen every time. The ad is in the form of a wide strip on both the left and right sides of the screen, so I can only see the middle of the page. Didn't think to do a screenshot although I will if it happens again.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Adverts are appearing on both sides of the screen on ipad for me. Making the forum difficult to navigate, and unable to see posters names.
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Guys why dont you just do the simple thing and just clear cookies from your browser?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't had it for ages, but then last night it was really, really bad.

I had an advert right across the screen which wouldn't go when i pressed X, the blaring ones and green hyperlinkitis.

I had this even after I'd logged out and re started.

Today though, it looks fine so far - fingers crossed.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had loads of problems too. It's been going on for ages.

Here are a couple of screen grabs. If you want them bigger I will upload them again in their original resolution. I chose the smaller size for posting here. One is an advert that obstructed a post preview and the other is one that blocked a section of a forum page. I mainly use the latest version of IE and sometimes the latest Firefox. I have had problems with both.

zl28b8.jpg

w98i69.jpg
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else having a problem with big adverts appearing in the background and cutting off the sides of the pages? They page also looks really small if that makes sense?

Same with me. On a desktop.
    Ads even covering posts which prevent me from reading what a poster is saying.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    GibsonGirl wrote: »

Here are a couple of screen grabs. If you want them bigger I will upload them again in their original resolution. I chose the smaller size for posting here. One is an advert that obstructed a post preview and the other is one that blocked a section of a forum page. I mainly use the latest version of IE and sometimes the latest Firefox. I have had problems with both.

zl28b8.jpg

w98i69.jpg
    I get that issue too but at the moment it's much much worse.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2z9dv1g.png
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ei5hu1.png
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

This is what I am getting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

Yep, I get this (firefox on my desktop) too.

It also sometimes goes to a full page ad (ha! just as I was typing that it did it!) without me clicking on anything, obscuring the whole screen.

Gave up even trying to post yesterday because of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge improvement already for me anyway. Thanks mods/owners/bosses :)
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    GibsonGirl wrote: »

zl28b8.jpg

w98i69.jpg

The reason why you and others have this is because this site and others have stored cookies on your site.

If you want it removed - then delete the cookies from your site. Its very easy and takes 15seconds

So to solve this just google 'How to delete cookies'.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just seen this now after making a thread (duh, me):rolleyes: yes I'm having the same problem there also on an iPad :mad:
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Anyone else getting ads that taking up both sides of the screen leaving only the middle bit to browse on their iPad?

Been happening all day.
  • Somerset BoySomerset Boy Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes same here, very annoying.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here

They'll sort it soon I'm sure
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes..
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    We've disabled vertical adverts running down the sides of the page - sorry about that. Please let us know if any more disruptive adverts crop up
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! :)