View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 17:45
lexi22
Inactive Member

Oh come on Tweacle.

Before I get jumped on as a 'Internet white knight' by a baying mob, of rabid outraged females, I should state I am no personal fan of Flanaghan. Having said that, it's exactly your kind of post that prompts so many of the 'you must be jellus' type comments on DS.
Well, hold up a minute. Obviously I can't speak for Tweacle Tart but I think the point is that although HF is - imo - attractive, she goes out of her way to be unattractive to anyone with a brain because of (a) the uber-sexualised posing and (b) the uber-stupidity. That is a lethal combination as far as objectivity goes and one that generates, at best, impatience and distaste and, at worst, loathing for her and the media climate that encourages it.

Helen has chosen this path, is milking it like crazy and in doing so has made herself really unattractive so it's really not surprising that some people can't see past that anymore. And that's Helen's responsibility, no one else's.

I find her very easy to ignore but I liked her in Corrie and I think it's a real shame that 'being thick' has become her career of choice.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote