Options

American Horror Story: Season 3 details *Spoilers* (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy Bates, Emma Roberts and Jessica Lange have been the stand outs in terms of acting so far this season. Jessica Lange must submit episode 3 for her emmy submission. She was simply stunning and it is so far one of my fav performances of the year.

Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy have been victims of not enough screentime, painfully slow character developments and just underused as a whole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the last episode but I think Kyle Spencer should get more screen time he only had about 3 mins in the episode before this one and in this one he didn't appear at all :eek:
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show creator Ryan Murphy announced today that singer Stevie Nicks will be joining the cast this season! No mention was made of what role she will play. What a cast! :)

LINK
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's probs playing herself and is likely in one scene. I am sure it's nothing to start an emmy campaign about.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I had tears in my eyes at that scene where Fiona was talking to the lady with the stillborn baby and then she brought the baby back to life. I thought that was an extremely powerful scene.

My favourite scene so far. Jessica Lange is just brilliant
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Show creator Ryan Murphy announced today that singer Stevie Nicks will be joining the cast this season! No mention was made of what role she will play. What a cast! :)

LINK

That is, brilliance! I wonder if she will be playing a witch like Misty said she was.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Misty brings back Madison back! Love Emma Roberts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »

LINK

Just when this season can't get any better.

Nice one, Ryan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Stevie Nicks.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, nice to have Madison back!

Not phased by the axe man, seems like a pointless inclusion so far...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marie is actually really evil D:

getting hank to kill all of those witches years before she publicly ended the truce in the halloween ep

also im not saying bastien deserved what happened to him but he was aware of how delphine was treating her slaves and he did nothing about it :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent episode.

Zoe is getting so much better as a character as well.

Nice that Madison has been restored and the Myrtle is being restored as well.

Misty continues to be a wonderful character as well.

Kyle needs a bit more to do as well.

Hating Marie now. She's becoming a monster but nice we know about Hank being a witch hunter though.

Great scenes with Fiona and the Axeman as well. Intrigued by this one.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit I'm surprised by all the positive comments here. Loved Asylum but not feeling this season. There's not a character I can find to like or relate to and it seems to be a mess of supernatural/witchy type events thrown together to create some semblance of a story.

I'll keep watching though because of the great cast and in hope that it'll click with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    When Sarah Paulson cries. :eek::cry::cry::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    When Sarah Paulson cries. :eek::cry::cry::(

She's one of my favourites on the show.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Have to admit I'm surprised by all the positive comments here. Loved Asylum but not feeling this season. There's not a character I can find to like or relate to and it seems to be a mess of supernatural/witchy type events thrown together to create some semblance of a story.

I'll keep watching though because of the great cast and in hope that it'll click with me.

I'm enjoying it, though the comedic tone at the witches school threw me alittle to begin with. Really getting into it now, and, though season 2 is my favourite (at this moment in time...), it was also relentlessly dark in its treatment of its characters, so I can see why perhaps the creators wanted a change of pace. Anyways, there's still enough darkness to be found in this season so far!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like the lighter approach this series. I think for the most part, it does work in the show's favour but we've had a good few dark moments as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually cannot @ the dream i had last night D:

it was about season 4 and i saw the titles and everything lol it was just showing legs/feet of couples dancing in some kind of ballroom to the theme tune but it was mixed with clips of people getting mutilated/tortured D:

turns out the ballroom was on a ship that was hijacked by pirates who took the hostages back to their own island the torture/murder them D:

it was so ****ed up i woke up trembling ahh i really hope season 4 is nothing like that omg
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I recently watched Seasons 1-2 of this show and i am blown away its such an amazing show i love the twists and turns each season.

I have caught up with Coven and love it!

I love how the actors from previous seasons return they do an amazing job in creating a whole new character. I hope this show continues with at least a few more seasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jessica, Angela and Kathy are on the cover of Entertainment Weekly ....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d6e473c10c3fc3ceb56f8d2b6a598a37/tumblr_mwkb0oHv5b1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan tweeted a pic of the goddess Stevie Nicks on set. Lily Rabe has since exploded with joy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg yaaas @ last nights ep

probably my fav of the season so far

despite the fact that she murdered a new born baby i just cant help feeling sorry for delphine :(

the marie/delphine storyline is easily the best one they have going this season imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode.

Zoe and Cordelia have really gotten so much improvement as characters and them working together works for me as well actually.

Cordelia's rejection of Hank did make me laugh a little though.

Is Zoe the Supreme because even I'm starting to suspect it now?

Liked her giving Spalding back his tongue and then killing him. Nicely played, Zoe.

That being said, not keen on a Madison/Kyle/Zoe triangle though.

I don't blame Queenie for betraying LaLaurie but I don't like Marie manipulating her either though.

Fiona and the Axeman is messed up on a whole different level. Oddly compelling though, 8/10