View Single Post
Old 22-11-2013, 07:07
cloudsailor
Forum Member

I was happy when they announced their comeback but I was and remain under no illusion they will be as successful as others assumed they would be. I didn't buy the single because of nostalgia, I bought it because it's a great song and they are great singers. I hope their next single does better than Flatline, which is a great song, but I really doubt it will do. No radio play + no video play + their reputation = flop.

I've said it numerous times, something about the three girls together obviously just doesn't click with the public. They kept fans waiting far too long for material, announce a single in June, debuted in July and multiple pushbacks before release in September 2013, four years after the hype began for the original line-up reforming.
I like them to and I bought the single. But I agree with you. I think the big wait was the final nail in the coffin for even a Sugababes original band.

But I was talking generally not in a way to disrespect them but nostalgia is a big reason why a lot of these bands from the 90s flop in 2013. People like to reminisce and talk about how great it was back then, but they won't buy the current singles or album because of the nostalgia.

Which is a shame and I really like Boyzone's new single too XD.
cloudsailor is offline   Reply With Quote