View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 18:09
Alan_Thomas1
Forum Member

[quote=Chris Mark;70589066][/b]

Madonna has sold 17 million singles in the UK compared to Kylie's 10 million, she has 13 UK number one singles compared to Kylie's 7. She's also sold around 20 million albums in the UK. She's the fourth best-selling artist of all time in both total singles and albums sold. The Immaculate Collection was also the biggest selling album by a female artist until Adele's 21 overtook it. Madonna also has more top five hits than any other artist (if you don't count the re-releases after Elvis' death), she also has more top ten and twenty hits than any other female.

With MDNA she racked up her 12th UK number one album, more than any other solo artist. Kylie is way behind with 5 number one albums. During the 00s Madonna had 5 UK number one singles, Kylie had 3.

I understand that you prefer Kylie, but that doesn't mean that she's more popular in the UK than Madonna. The statistics prove otherwise.

Even if Madonna never has another UK number one single or even a top ten hit again Kylie won't ever get close to matching her overall sales or chart success, I do believe that Madonna's single sales are past their peak but Kylie is entering that stage too. It's a sad reflection of the ageist and sexist world we live in.[/QUOTE\

I'm talking uk success not worldwide. I understand Madonna's more successful worldwide but not here in the Uk!

She is more popular in the Uk than Madonna! Madge may have had more no.1s here and their but she hasn't sold as many singles/albums in the Uk alone as kylie since 2000 . Looking at facts Kylies albums go platinum but Madonna's only gold in the Uk. Even in Kylies pooper 80s days with Pete waterman Kylie was out selling Madonna 3 to 1. Even Pete waterman says in his Autobiography. The onky decade in this country were Madonna was more popular than Madge was the 90s, when Kylies popularity waned until 2000. Both artists careers are waning but Madonna's quicker in the UK than Kylies. Madonna hasn't had a top.10 hit this decade. Also Madonna seems to be copying kylie (when it once was kylie copying Madge. more so these days. That super bowl was a complete rip off Kylies last arena tour.
Alan_Thomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote