View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26
Attia_Ash
Forum Member

I know platinum status changed but this seems well dodgy.

The links which should confirm whether all Kylie's albums since 2000 have indeed gone platinum don't go anywhere. Is there another source? I'm not doubtful about her early 00's stuff going platinum but I find it hard to believe both X and Aphrodite have sold over 1 million in the UK to go platinum and I'm pretty sure Body Language didn't. Very few albums even sell that much here.... Unless it can be proved somewhere else I think it looks like a Kylie fan has edited Wiki to make her sales look greater than they are.

Edit. It seems platinum status in the UK was downgraded to 300,000 for albums in 2009. That explains it. I lived in America for several years so get confused with the differences in sale measurements.

However it also confirms only one Madonna album, MDNA, hasn't gone platinum in the UK. All the others have. Hard Candy by rights is platinum under this new rule so should be classed as it.
Platinum is only 300k in the UK AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN! Check Blur/Oasis et al in the 90's or Kylie's first albums UK stats in 1988 for that matter!!
X 460'000
BL 370'000
Aphrodite 320'000

Platinum is a million in the US and you'll find different in Germany/France etc.

Chart certificates for different countries are VERY easy to find online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...certifications

There you go. HAPPY reading! LOL
Attia_Ash is online now   Reply With Quote