View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 00:23
mgvsmith
Forum Member

you also said before that it was interesting to hear peoples views, but if an OP asks specifically one question and people give replies that don't answer that question, surely that's beyond the point? if the OP simply wanted to know what peoples favourite albums were they would have asked that, not asked for someones favorite indie album for people to list huge selling bands on major labels like blur and radiohead. you yourself were one of the first to argue semantics about a band who were on an indie label because part of the shares were owned by a major, and have continued to argue about it. i've merely tried to steer the thread back on topic so the best indie albums can be listed, as i'm interested in seeing the replies, but not interested in seeing a list of major label big selling popular albums included in that list[
Irrespective of what you wanted that hasn't been the outcome.

Here's a list of 90s Indie Music albums that might be considered the best of the 90s.
And some of these have already been mentioned. I have been relentless about 'Slint'

The Shamen - Boss Dance
The Breeders - Last Splash
PJ Harvey - Dry
St Etienne - Tiger Bay
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Belle and Sebastian - If you're feeling sinister
Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted
Mogwai - Young Team
Slint - Spiderland
The Pixies - Bossanova
Poetics head - Dummy