View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:52
Secret Treaties
Forum Member

Let's just celebrate the fact that Kylie charted 16 top 10 hits between 2000 and 2008 including a million-seller in 2001. Especially for You, even though the song is pretty chessy, is also the 15th best-selling single of the 1980s in the UK, only one other female is above Kylie on the list and that's Jennifer Rush.
Kylie's 16 top 10 hits between 2000 and 2009 included three #1 hits (only two less than Madonna's total during the same decade) and four #2 hits. In fact Kylie scored more top 10 hits during the decade than Madonna (she scored 15) and other singers like Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. Britney Spears actually only charted one more top 10 hit during the decade than Kylie.

I highly doubt Madonna singles like Love Profusion, Hollywood, What It Feels Like for a Girl, Miles Away, Give It to Me, Celebration, Give Me All Your Luvin', Turn Up the Radio and Girl Gone Wild had very high sales in the UK. Madonna has had lower selling singles in between the bigger selling singles, this is true for every popular act out there, so why criticise Kylie for it?
You forgot Get Together, Jump and Revolver.
Secret Treaties is offline   Reply With Quote