View Single Post
Old 25-01-2014, 21:42
noise747
Forum Member

It happens in most industries, it doesn't matter being first its important being first to get it right. The ereaders before simply didn't get every part of the hardware, software, ease of use and the store integration right where Amazon did.
It have taken others a bit of time to catch up, but they have now, the problem with Amazon is that once they got your info, they seem intent in spamming you. I have tried loads of time to stop them sending me emails.
I do get emails from Kobo, but only about books, not about other parts of their businses
I bet the reason why amazon wants me to combine my Lovefilm account with them is so they can send me more spam.

Also, when I did ask kobo to stop sending me their emails they did,

It was the same with Apple with both the smartphone and the MP3 player. There were plenty of both before but apple just got the complete package right.

And its easy to say afterwards that someone else would have done it as everything done with these products is so simple but I'm not sure tbh. Other had plenty of time to come up with the ideas that made these and other products successful and they didn't. Seems simple ideas are the hardest to come up with.
But it would have happened eventually, maybe something better would have come, who can say that Apple Iphone mucked up the smart phone market and we could have something better/

What because like most companies they choose to pay less tax? You do realise mostnof the other firms in the market do that. Rakuten who own Kobo also own Play.com who reveled in using Jerseys tax situation and when the loophole was fixed pulled out as a retailer.
Not just the Tax, but seems to change their rules when they see fit, also getting too large and powerful.

Slightly cheaper. Its almost 10 cheaper which is about 45%.
I don't know where you are looking them, because going by that, if I got the book from Amazon, they would be paying me if it is 45% cheaper than Kobo.

I think that you are a amazon plant in this forum or you work for them
noise747 is offline   Reply With Quote