View Single Post
Old 26-01-2014, 01:01
wakey
Forum Member

It have taken others a bit of time to catch up, but they have now, the problem with Amazon is that once they got your info, they seem intent in spamming you. I have tried loads of time to stop them sending me emails.
I do get emails from Kobo, but only about books, not about other parts of their businses
I bet the reason why amazon wants me to combine my Lovefilm account with them is so they can send me more spam.

Also, when I did ask kobo to stop sending me their emails they did,
As I've already said I'm pretty sure they want to combine your Amazon and Lovefilm accounts because they don't want to have to be running two separate authentication systems. Its just wasteful of resources. Its also imho a move to get ready for the day that Lovefilm closes shop, the rental market is shrinking so there will be a point where they get out of it and goto a streaming only service. When that happens there is little point in keeping the lovefilm name when they can bring it in line with Amazon.com and make it part of Prime

Oh and you can turn the emails off or configure them to suit your needs. It in your Amazon account settings

But it would have happened eventually, maybe something better would have come, who can say that Apple Iphone mucked up the smart phone market and we could have something better/
I'm not sure it would have anytime soon. The existing players in the market were stuck in a rut really and it needed an outsider with strong leadership to come in with a fresh eye and see the simple things that were right under the others noses to revolutionise the market. I'm not sure there were (or are) many other companies in the position to have stepped in and without Apple I'm not sure Google would have even considered it a possible marketplace for themselves (And MS would still be toiling with porting a version of windows to phones rather than an operation solely designed for mobiles)

Not just the Tax, but seems to change their rules when they see fit, also getting too large and powerful.
But what company doesn't change their rules when it suits them. Every licence agreement you agree to to use a service grants that right. And again the likes of Kobo aren't some small indie firm, they are an arm of a major multi national congealment.

Its why I find this anti Amazon stance due to them being 'big' strange as it doesn't tally with the rest of your comments

I don't know where you are looking them, because going by that, if I got the book from Amazon, they would be paying me if it is 45% cheaper than Kobo.
Kobo 21.59
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...rilogy-of-five

Amazon 12.06
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitchhikers-...+to+the+galaxy

Amazons RRP is less than Kobo's actual price

I think that you are a amazon plant in this forum or you work for them
What because I'm pointing out the faults in your 'Amazon is big, evil and restrictive' while 'Kobo is small, good and open' argument?
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote