View Single Post
Old 23-02-2014, 02:05
Gigi4
Forum Member

Gigi is just a nickname that my friends call me. Nothing to do with JLo. I'm not a fan of her at all. I don't want to give my full name, but my initials are GG so that's where it comes from.

The latest rumour about the Tori album is that the songs are inspired by female painters and photographers, thus the cover of her with the painting behind her and she also referenced visual artists in that Rolling Stone interview. I guess also the Unrepentant Geraldines are the various female artists. Some people suggested that artists inspiring the album are Diane Arbus, Cindy Sherman and Nan Goldin. Very interesting. I wonder if songs will also be inspired by Frida Kahlo and Tamara de Lempicka who are two of Madonna's favourite artists and are iconic female artists. It's very interesting because Madonna has also talked about being inspired by various female artists and photographers.

I love Nan Goldin's book, the Ballad of Sexual Dependency, which was inspired by the post punk/new wave scene of NYC during the 1980's. This album sounds so exciting.
Gigi4 is offline   Reply With Quote