View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:26
konebyvax
Forum Member

Love your theory, rbautz, and you could well be correct. Which would be fine with me as Angels Forever (even in demo form) is a superb song (in many ways the continuation of the amazing Ride and almost as good!). From all the little snippets we have been fed so far, this is shaping up to be a hugely anticipated follow up to what, in my opinion, will be seen as an era defining pop album in the years to come (Born To Die).

Lana is truly a massive new talent and the music world is all the richer for her presence in it. If she matches (or even surpasses!) that album's brilliance we just might be witnessing the first steps of a legend (the legendary songwriter/producer Rick Nowells has already predicted Lana will be 'a future legend').

PS The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach seems to the executive producer and this is what he said about the album when asked in an interview with BBC6 Music:

Dan Auerbach: It's a monster. It's a sonic monster. It's beautiful. I can't wait for people to hear it.

BBC: Is it that sort of similar kind of widescreen cinematic feel to it?

Dan Auerbach: It does, but even more so, you know I think a lot of her first record was just kind of, you know, was in the box, recorded, but this is a 7-piece band with her singing live in the studio so there's some kind of, uh, really magic, magical moments that we got to capture on tape, and, uh, you know, the kind of thing that you just can't duplicate with, uh, Pro Tools kind of recording, you know what I mean? It's a different thing for her even though her personality is still definitely there and shines through.
konebyvax is offline   Reply With Quote