Options

The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Morning Reprobates :)

Happy Birthday Kes!! :cool::D:kitty:

jra wrote: »
    Surprised this thread thread hasn't vanished.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1965233

What was the thread about?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    For Bunions, jzee and Summer Breeze.

Slave - Showtime (Full LP) 1981
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VuXJG4yHg

Steve Arrington (vocals), Mark (Drac) Hicks (bass guitar), Mark (The Hansolor) Adams (lead/rhythm guitar), amongst others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_%28band%29

Mark Hicks apparently used a bass pedal at times, IIRC.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning...

To jra, I will listen to that music links as I get ready right now :)

To Ramo who asked what jra had linked before it was a thread about someone's hatred for DS.

To Kes, have a good birthday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

Happy Birthday Kes!! :cool::D:kitty:

Basically a trouble maker saying they would get DS shut down/closed. The thread went on for about 12 pages, the last time I looked. They told me to eff off IIRC, along with being abusive to various other forum members, including Victoria Sponge. Arrange the following words into a well known expression, 'Head' and 'knob' and you'll get the general idea. Bad Wolf was the poster concerned. Not the Bad Wolf that posts in this thread mind, I must stress. Something like that, without looking it up, as I have screen grabs of the entire thread they started in GD.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is a screen grab please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is a screen grab please?

It's when you take a copy of the screen or web page and save it as an image (.png, .jpg or .bmp for example). For instance with the Firefox addon below.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/screengrab-fix-version/

Or you can use <Alt><PrtSc> to copy the current open window or <PrtSc> to capture the entire screen. It works, but is cumbersome, so a Firefox addon like Screengrab is far more user friendly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen#Modern_use

Some more Slave songs for you.

Stepping Out- Slave
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C27S9ZZlh4k

Slave - Stone Jam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6m5b3ER8w

Slave ~ Never Get Away (1980)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmla2zAXpUg

Slave - Sizzlin' Hot (1980)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FAHMSF8l8

A music Easter Egg.
    Burning Love (Extended Mix) - ConFunkShun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_57VgA4Nzg

The Whispers Special F/X Extended Mix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzAbUqpZ14
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    That troll last night, why did one poster think it was FaithyH? :confused: That's not her style at all, from what I've seen. Where is she anyway?

Happy Bank Holiday weekend everybody!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That troll last night, why did one poster think it was FaithyH? :confused: That's not her style at all, from what I've seen. Where is she anyway?

Faithy is on holiday until tomorrow, as in Inactive till then.

Luton carnival is on tomorrow. I might go.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Me neither, dealt with it in a professional situation for too long. Now that I no longer have any capacity to influence these situations, I can't know about them.

I also can't even peak onto the Pets Forum, if I read about even a dead frog I go to pieces :blush:

Fini, do you hate me for making you aware of GD and Chatter? You were all safe in BB for such a long time :blush:

Me too. There are so many threads I avoid. I'm always so thankful that there are people around like you that can deal with it directly and help to make a difference. I would be of no use whatsoever as it would break me.

BIB: Yes and no. :D

I only post in BB for the duration of the current series - and even then it takes me a couple of weeks to really get into before I get to the stage of wanting to post about it. Once the series is over I disappear until the next one, and usually I'm glad of the break.

I only intended to have a quick look here (after you dragged me here by my eyelashes ^_^) but now I've been somewhat consumed. The God thread is responsible :D

So very educational and thought provoking, though half the time I don't know if I'm on my head or my arse. I've ditched old stuff and gained new stuff and feel it has given me direction where before I was stumbling about in the dark. I now feel I'm reading the stuff I need to in order to gain more specific knowledge rather than reading everything and anything haphazardly.

I also like the amount of funny people on this forum. I regularly laugh out loud so I'm happy you led me here if only for that.

Are you sorry you asked me now? :D
    Unless you want to go to Devon that is. :p

Devon is pretty and tame but Cornwall is wild and beautiful. Kes must know this ^_^

Happy Birthday Kes...wherever you are! :)
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, we are going. It's always a great atmosphere and I love the music and the colour. Looks like it's actually going to be dry for once too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sounds fun, I like a carnival.

I'm spending the bank holiday helping my sister and partner move, but I'm sure in between lugging sofas from house to house, there might be a bit of giggling involved.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve Arrington (vocals), Mark (Drac) Hicks (bass guitar), Mark (The Hansolor) Adams (lead/rhythm guitar), amongst others.

My brother used to collect stuff like that but he called it 'disco' :o:blush:
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been watching Happy Valley? BBC1.

It's bloody BRILLIANT, if you haven't seen it, download it NOW :D
    Absolutely fantastic bit of TV and we love Sarah Lancashire so were always going to give it a go and are so glad we did.

I do moan about the BEEB and the license fee but nobody does this kind of drama as well as they do IMO
    Logging of now, thanks for the brilliant company tonight you lot, loadasalove xxxxxxxx
    It was a great night - glad I was there to enjoy it with you all x
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

Happy Birthday Kes!! :D

Morning Ramo - which route today? :D

TY jra - will listen laters when I do the ironing :cool:
    Morning...

To jra, I will listen to that music links as I get ready right now :)

To Ramo who asked what jra had linked before it was a thread about someone's hatred for DS.

To Kes, have a good birthday :)
    Morning Summer :)

Morning Frankie :)

I didn't know that - there's some ****ing idiots on this forum.

Her sentence is nearly up so she should be back with us any time now - Whoop!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    My brother used to collect stuff like that but he called it 'disco' :o:blush:
    PMSL :D

Morning Nate :)

Are you still cig free?

I'm expecting my e-juice in this morning's post :cool:
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, hope you all have a good BH weekend :)

Bunions
    - vaping update. Day 4, still very few cravings for a 'real' ****, although more cravings for holding a lighter or rolling a ****, that sort of thing. I just grab the e-cig and hold on tight :D

What I am loving though is taking a deep breath - no tightness!!!

All I have to do now is work out whether the headache I'm getting is due to
    a) too much nicotine;
    b) reduced levels of nicotine :p;
    c) PG
    d) the weather :D

So much wonderful advice out there on the interweb, so I continue to read and learn :)

Muggsy x

ETA: If I had the time I'd start a Vaping chatter thread, would be good to get all the info and advice from vapers here on DS all onto one thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been watching Happy Valley too, it's very good. It's rare for me to find something that grabs my attention these days. I've been watching reruns of Vice, oh, and Rebus recently, I think I've got a bit of a crush on lovely Ken Stott.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all and thank you for your support on my thread.:)

Happy Birthday Kez:D

Come back soon please.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching Happy Valley too, it's very good. It's rare for me to find something that grabs my attention these days. I've been watching reruns of Vice, oh, and Rebus recently, I think I've got a bit of a crush on lovely Ken Stott.
    Also, I too love Happy Valley, it's the best thing around at the moment, a pleasant find having stumbled across it by mistake after leaving TV on from watching Holby :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Bunions
    - vaping update. Day 4, still very few cravings for a 'real' ****, although more cravings for holding a lighter or rolling a ****, that sort of thing. I just grab the e-cig and hold on tight :D

a) too much nicotine;
    c) PG

So much wonderful advice out there on the interweb, so I continue to read and learn :)

Muggsy x

ETA: If I had the time I'd start a Vaping chatter thread, would be good to get all the info and advice from vapers here on DS all onto one thread
    Yay!!! Morning Muggsy :)

Soooo chuffed for you darling - you're doing absolutely great!!

Keep it up - you CAN DO THIS! ;)

And to have a positive reaction (re your chest) so quickly is amazing! :o

My BP has gone from high (needed meds) to normal now so the health benefits are indisputable as far as I'm concerned.

Great idea re the vaping thread - go for it! :cool:

Until then though, you're always more than welcome to post here as nobody will mind, I promise you and that's why I suggested it.

You've put a great big smile on my face now......I look like this
    > :D

x

PS - what's PG?
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Echoes of Off the Wall there :). Good morning everyb'dy :kitty:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone been watching Happy Valley? BBC1.

It's bloody BRILLIANT, if you haven't seen it, download it NOW :D

Got four episodes to watch when I get the time, love Sarah Lancashire but wish she'd do comedy :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show all round :cool:
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Morning all and thank you for your support on my thread.:)

Happy Birthday Kez:D

Come back soon please.:D
    Morning anne!

I was a tad robust but I think woodbush and I are still cool - I'd never give him too hard a time ;) Guess I was a bit shocked that anyone could be negative about a thread like that when there's so much shite out there worthy of derision.
    Also, I too love Happy Valley, it's the best thing around at the moment, a pleasant find having stumbled across it by mistake after leaving TV on from watching Holby :D
    Agree with you totally - a very happy happenstance eh? :D
    jzee wrote: »
    Echoes of Off the Wall there :). Good morning everyb'dy :kitty:.
    Really?

That takes me back a bit.....and then some :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bunions

a) too much nicotine;
    c) PG

Muggsy x

There is a vaping/e-cig thread but it is plagued by new posters wanting to direct you to new e-cig sites for some strange reason ;):(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Yay!!! Morning Muggsy :)

Soooo chuffed for you darling - you're doing absolutely great!!

Keep it up - you CAN DO THIS! ;)

And to have a positive reaction (re your chest) so quickly is amazing! :o

My BP has gone from high (needed meds) to normal now so the health benefits are indisputable as far as I'm concerned.

Great idea re the vaping thread - go for it! :cool:

Until then though, you're always more than welcome to post here as nobody will mind, I promise you and that's why I suggested it.

You've put a great big smile on my face now......I look like this
    > :D

x

PS - what's PG?
    PG and VG - as in juice (e-liquid) :D Some people react to the PG juices and find they are better off using VG. I'm not sure it's the PG causing the headaches or not, but it could be. I'll take the advice of people on the vapers forums and give it a few days first, then perhaps if they continue I'll try some PG/VG mixed juice :)

I have read so much for so long about lol

Glad you're :D lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    There is a vaping/e-cig thread but it is plagued by new posters wanting to direct you to new e-cig sites for some strange reason ;):(
    Ha! Nothing is sacred on here ;) I felt guilty just posting on this thread :D I know threads are open to anybody but on Chatter I do tend to feel one should be invited :D
This discussion has been closed.