✭✭
    Germany - 5, Brazil - 0 after half an hour! :o
    Just heard......WTF? :o
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was some match, and I don't normally watch football. :o

Still on me cuckoo book - I've had to put it down to do work type stuff.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    It was some match, and I don't normally watch football. :o

Still on me cuckoo book - I've had to put it down to do work type stuff.
    7:1 Nell!! :o

Evening btw :D

Jeesh - you too eh?

Bloody work's taking over my life right now :(

Just about to shower and get off to bed so night darling x
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    7:1 Nell!! :o

Evening btw :D

Jeesh - you too eh?

Bloody work's taking over my life right now :(

Just about to shower and get off to bed so night darling x

Night Bunions, I am in bed right now - a lot of shit to sort out tomorrow. :(

As for the football it could and should have been 8-0! :o:o:o
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I'm supposed to go fishing with a mate in about 2.5 hours. I've been awake all night and had a bit to drink, so I may well be spending most of the time sleeping.

It might be a very hot day today. It's already 23 degrees C in my room.

I may be without the internet for 12 hours. Will I survive or shrivel up and suffer spontaneous combustion. Place your bets.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fishing sounds fun J :)

Hi All, still hyper after the footie results, I was *almost* crying at one point until OH told me not to be so stupid and think how I wouldn't be upset if it was England :blush:

So then it just became a giggle.

Sorry you have so much work on Bunions.

I see Ebony's weight loss thread has been locked by Funny Mod :D
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1973663&page=67

I've only had a few hours sleep so may have to have a nap very soon.

Struggling with my emails so still haven't placed my order with the Book People.
    Hey, ho, will be back later xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all, half way through my Catherine Alliott and it's a scream.

She's always good for a giggle.

Hi Joni, hope you are well and grabbed a nap.:)

Ebony's now opened a new thread with the same title just added, Part two???:confused:

I wish I liked football..........................................:D
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm halfway through Freeing Grace by Charity Norman, I should finish it tomorrow as I'm off work on strike! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I'm halfway through Freeing Grace by Charity Norman, I should finish it tomorrow as I'm off work on strike! :o

Hi Dolphin, just had a look at that and it appeals to me.:)
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    My mate at work has given me Without Mercy by Lisa Jackson, has anyone read it?

It's set in a school, where the main character has just got a job.

"Behind the Academy's idyllic veneer lurks an evil force on a brutal and terrifying mission".

Perhaps not one to read before bed eh?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Behind the Academy's idyllic veneer lurks an evil force on a brutal and terrifying mission".

Hi Frankie, that sounds good! Made a note, thanks.:)
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »

I see Ebony's weight loss thread has been locked by Funny Mod :D
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1973663&page=67

About time.
    anne_666 wrote: »

Ebony's now opened a new thread with the same title just added, Part two???:confused:

Oh no.....where this time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About time.

Oh no.....where this time?
    Same place. I think people should ignore it, let her post her ludicrous daily diet diary and she'll soon get bored without an audience.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this thread could be very useful for recommendations, although that one souns a bit too scary!:o:D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same place. I think people should ignore it, let her post her ludicrous daily diet diary and she'll soon get bored without an audience.

Another WUM I presume? :D

Evening folks. :)

I am totally ashamed at how many posts I have done today, not to mention my astronomical count since I arrived. :(:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I think this thread could be very useful for recommendations, although that one souns a bit too scary!:o:D
    I've just opened it, the first paragraph of chapter one is

"Help me...Oh God, please someone help me..." The voice was a desperate plea, barely audible over the sounds of a familiar song and the steady dripping of liquid splashing, like a single drop of rainwater hitting the ground. Over and over again.

Hmmmm. Definitely not a book to read at bedtime!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and a recommendation for anyone who enjoys chick lit with a twist - Fractured by Daniel Atkins, 59p on Amazon kindle download, it's one I read on holiday. It's really thought-provoking and very readable. If you've seen the film Sliding Doors, the plotline is along the same lines, though the story itself is completely different.
    http://www.lovereading.co.uk/book/9502/Fractured-by-Dani-Atkins.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

The Mods have also locked that one aswell, we'll soon be getting a Part Three of the diet thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Fishing sounds fun J :-)

We caught 7 carp (catch and release), but number 8 got away and it was a big fish. All these fish were between about 8-16lbs, other than the one I caught, which was a 19lb carp. The biggest fish I've ever caught.

We went to the Grand Union Canal near Tring by bus from Luton. The weather was marvellous. I talked to various people; other fishermen and canal boat users. A lady showed me how canal locks work and I helped her open a lock (even though she could do it all by herself and I reckon she was about 70 years old).

We did fish in one area where we weren't supposed to and got told to leave (the police had been called apparently). We had a couple of drinks in a pub. Then we got a bus back to Luton.

All in all, a fantastic day out and I learnt a lot of new things. I took the best part of 200 photos on my digital camera, including some of the fish we had caught.

So many new experiences for me. A day I wont forgot in a hurry. And we both got a nice suntan, but not sunburn, as I took suntan lotion with me.

As you all know, I've had quite a lot of hassle this year with various things and yesterday really cheered me up.

I'll try and post photos of some of the fish we caught, but I'll have to edit out the face of my friend, for obvious reasons. Plus a few others. Watch this space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's a female ass called.

A. Spank-able (gently mind).
    Real answer is jenny or jennet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »

The fish and setting look beautiful but i'm a bit dubious about the bloke with the white square head. Maybe you should have drawn a face on the white both to make him more human and you should definitely drawn a hat on the last picture.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »

Some cracking fish there jra, nice pics.
    Try to go angling myself when I can, up here in Scotland its "game" fishing mostly though. Brown trout, salmon, sea trout.
    There are "coarse" fisheries dotted around though, and with the Forth & Clyde Canal regenerated its fairly popular there.