Options

Who Was The Woman In The Shop?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Back In "The Bells Of Saint John" Clara Told The Doctor That She Had Got His TARDIS Phone Number From A Woman In The Shop Who Told Her That It Was "The Best Helpline In The Universe". But Who Was She? She's Obviously Someone Who Know's The Doctor Very Well To Have The TARDIS Number And To Know That Clara Is (Or Will Be) A Companion Of The Doctor. I Think This Moment Is Prehaps The Most Important Moment In All Of Doctor Who, As Without This Woman Giving Clara The Phone Number, Clara Wouldn't Have Met The Doctor, Which Means She Wouldn't Have Entered His Timeline, And We All Know The Great Affects She's Had Through Out His Life. So Lets Examine The Female Characters Of Revised Doctor Who To See If We Can Figure Out Who It Might Be! :)

Children Of Time (Rose/Martha/Donna/Sarah Jane):

I Dont Think It Would Be These Four Because Rose Is In Another Universe With Another Doctor, Donna Doesnt Remember The Doctor And Sarah Jane Has Unfortunetly Died. As For Martha, She Didn't Have The TARDIS Number In "The Stolen Earth" When They Were All Trying To Contact The Doctor, She Only Had The Number For Her Mobile Which She Left Onboard The TARDIS.

River Song, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint, Kate Steward & Osgood:

Although It's Likely River Has The TARDIS Number, If It Was Either Of These Five, Then I Think Clara Would Have Recongnised Them When She Met Them In "Name Of The Doctor" & "Day Of The Doctor".

Amy Pond:

Amy Seems Very Likely Considering That She Does Have The TARDIS Number, She Used It In The "Let's Kill Hiter" Prequel To See If The Doctor Had Found Melody. But She Was Zapped Back In Time By A Weeping Angel, So A Living Version Of Her In Clara's Time Doesnt Seem Possible. Unless She Some How Traveled There, With The Help Of River Maybe?

Winston Churchill:

Yeah, I Know This One Is A Man, But He Is One Of The Few Characters That Has The TARIDS Number, As He Phone The Doctor At The End Of "The Beast Below". This One's A Stab In The Dark If Im Honest, I Don't Know Why I Brought Him Up >.<

So Going Through Them All, I Don't Think It's Any Of Them. But There's A Slight Chance It Could Be Amy, And If It Is, Does That Mean Steven Moffat Is Planning On Her Returning At Some Point? If It Isn't Her, Then That Must Mean It's Someone We Havent Seen Yet, Probably A Character That Will Be Introduced Soon, Maybe In Series Eight, Which Brings Me... Courntey. This Is A Character That Is Going To Be Introduced Late In Series Eight, And Alot Of People Think She Might Be Recuring. Might It Be Courtney? Or Is It Someone Else From Classic Doctor Who Or Future Doctor Who?

I Hope You Enjoyed My Speculation, Let Me Know What You Think! :)

Comments

• Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Think You Should Know That Every Word Does Not Need To Start With A Capital Letter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I Was Expecting This As Everyone I Meet Comments On It, If You Must Know I Have OCD. Im Here To Talk About Doctor Who.. If Your Reply Doesnt Have Anything To Do With What I Wrote, Then Please Dont Reply To It :P
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think we will find out one day. Hope it will be a good twist.
  • Options
    sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we'll ever find out. I think it was just to illustrate how the various Claras were guided to their Doctors without ever quite being aware of why.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think it will turn out to be the gatekeeper of the nether-sphere :)
  • Options
    YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's Missy, I have heard the Woman in the shop does get brought up in Deep Breath and Listen...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    William65 wrote: »
    I think it's Missy, I have heard the Woman in the shop does get brought up in Deep Breath and Listen...

Oh I Hope So, Not Knowing Who It Is Really Bugs My Curiosity! x)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone was wondering, Sarah Jane has not died. Lis Sladen obviously passed away (still can't get over this...:() but the character lives on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just in case anyone was wondering, Sarah Jane has not died. Lis Sladen obviously passed away (still can't get over this...:() but the character lives on.

Yes But I Meant That As Elizabeth Sladen Has Died, Its Unlikely The Character Would Be Used In That Way
  • Options
    nyingynyingy Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a gentle timey-wimey way, my guess (pedestrian, I accept) would be that it will be Clara herself...
  • Options
    trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably Sally Sparrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Mrs Brown from Mrs Brown's Boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs Brown from Mrs Brown's Boys.

"Its The Best Helpline In The Fecking Universe" lol x)
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be Susan the Doctor's granddaughter. She'd know the number & might remember various Clara's helping the doctor. We don't know all the times she traveled to/will travel too so it's not impossible for her to be in 2014.
  • Options
    SaruyaSaruya Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Would it not just have been a splinter Clara?
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William65 wrote: »
    Almost certainly correct IMO.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its one of those 'who cares' subjects for me.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    i think it will turn out to be the gatekeeper of the nether-sphere :)

Sshh!! Spoilers!! ;-)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she a lady with a microphone?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Was Expecting This As Everyone I Meet Comments On It, If You Must Know I Have OCD. Im Here To Talk About Doctor Who.. If Your Reply Doesnt Have Anything To Do With What I Wrote, Then Please Dont Reply To It :P

I love that!

Sorry to break your request, but that's actually the sort of thing I just find fascinating. I've never seen it before, but it makes complete sense as an OCD. Do you feel any urge to correct written text, or is it only your own writing?

Do tell me to push off if you don't want to answer, I'm just genuinely curious.

Oh, and my bet on the woman in the shop is that it's a character yet to be introduced. Moffat does like his timey wimey paradox stuff. She'll be someone who is there because of something Clara will do, so that the whole thing is a grandfather paradox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lii wrote: »
    I love that!

Sorry to break your request, but that's actually the sort of thing I just find fascinating. I've never seen it before, but it makes complete sense as an OCD. Do you feel any urge to correct written text, or is it only your own writing?

Do tell me to push off if you don't want to answer, I'm just genuinely curious.

Oh, and my bet on the woman in the shop is that it's a character yet to be introduced. Moffat does like his timey wimey paradox stuff. She'll be someone who is there because of something Clara will do, so that the whole thing is a grandfather paradox.

I Dont Mind People Asking About It As Long As Its Not Negative :) Its Not To Do With How The Text Looks When Typed, Its To Do With Typing It, I Have To Press The Caps Key After Every Word With Exception To "lol", Which I Neva Write With A Capital Letter. So Its Basically A Keyboard Thing, I Dont Understand Why, Its Just Something I Have To Do. Which Can Be Really Frustrating Sometimes Because I Often Get Banned From All Of My Favorite Forums Under The Rule "You Must Use Correct Grammar And Spelling".

Yes Thats What I Suspect Too, I'm Looking Forward To Finding Out! :)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we'll ever find out. I think it was just to illustrate how the various Claras were guided to their Doctors without ever quite being aware of why.
    It's going to be an ongoing reference/mystery in series 8 so I think we'll find out eventually. Probably someone yet to be introduced.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Its Not To Do With How The Text Looks When Typed, Its To Do With Typing It, I Have To Press The Caps Key After Every Word With Exception To "lol", Which I Neva Write With A Capital Letter. So Its Basically A Keyboard Thing, I Dont Understand Why, Its Just Something I Have To Do.

That's very interesting. If it's a mechanical reflex, would you be able to use, say an extension to your web browser that corrected the capitalisation of the text after you type it? Like, if you press the 'Submit' button, it looked at what you typed, and reformatted it into a more 'conventional' format, would that give you problems?
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyingy wrote: »
    In a gentle timey-wimey way, my guess (pedestrian, I accept) would be that it will be Clara herself...

I'll go with this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    I Think You Should Know That Every Word Does Not Need To Start With A Capital Letter!

Lol indeed! It must take an age to type doing that, not to mention it's blooming hard to read
This discussion has been closed.