Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    . I wonder when he will get back into football

he had to wait, otherwise he would stop being paid by chelsea.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    ^ RDM's contract expired this summer, didn't it? Be interesting to see if he takes up a new job now as we're not paying him. Would be good to see him back in management.
    But he should have been sack . I understand he was the right man at the right time but very hash to sack him....

Should have been given the full season at least, instead of bringing in he who shall not be mentioned for fear of upsetting fans of a certain other club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have been given the full season at least, instead of bringing in he who shall not be mentioned for fear of upsetting fans of a certain other club.

well he was a disaster.

should never have been done
  • Options
    Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    A Belgian web-site is reporting that Lukaku is going to sign a 5 year contract with Everton this afternoon. No mention of the fee.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/mercato/exclusif-lukaku-va-s-engager-avec-everton-53d8e91c3570667a638f465f
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Boat wrote: »
    A Belgian web-site is reporting that Lukaku is going to sign a 5 year contract with Everton this afternoon. No mention of the fee.

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/mercato/exclusif-lukaku-va-s-engager-avec-everton-53d8e91c3570667a638f465f

wait until he is shown with a picture in a new shirt.

We would want £30m for him, basically a swap for costa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R.Lukaku Bolingoli @RomeluLukaku9 · 1h
    Time to write a new chapter…..

Sounds like he's on his way out. If he doesn't want to fight for his place then so be it.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.Lukaku Bolingoli @RomeluLukaku9 · 1h
    Time to write a new chapter…..

Sounds like he's on his way out. If he doesn't want to fight for his place then so be it.

Wonder where he is going?

Utd? Real? Barca? Munich?

Since according to some posters he (well one really ha ha) is one of the best players in the world so surely he be going to one of those teams
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think we should make it a requirement of any deal for Lukaku that the buying club has to take Torres too. ;-)
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    If he goes we are back down to 1 striker.

Hope we make a quick move for Bony.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 striker is enough for Joses negative tactics though.
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    wait until he is shown with a picture in a new shirt.

We would want £30m for him, basically a swap for costa.

Well you've got £20m, rising to £28m dependent on all sorts of stuff. I'm overjoyed, frankly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we should give Reece Mitchell a chance he one of the best players in the world and he is young and he is English and attractive and has lovely hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in other words nothing has changed?
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well he was a disaster.

should never have been done

Throught it was pointless sacking RDM. Why bring in Rafa.? Does anyone know why he got sacked as he was doing a good job? Not as if they were doing poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throught it was pointless sacking RDM. Why bring in Rafa.? Does anyone know why he got sacked as he was doing a good job? Not as if they were doing poor.

"not doing poor" is not good enough when you are the manager of Chelsea

Qualifying for knockout stages of Champions League and top 3 finish (and single points from winners) is the minimum acceptable level
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the tweet doesn't mean anything... deliberately cryptic.

i guess everton want him, chelsea want £30m for him and Everton can't pay.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookies have suspended any betting on Lukaku's next club, it's looking more and more like a done deal to me.
    If true, it's totally crazy. I'm sure he could have been persuaded to stay if he was given assurances that he would have been our number 2. Where does that leave us ?..totally reliant on Diego Costa.
    Fair enough, Lukaku wasn't the finished article. But compared to Torres, I'm damned sure who I would have preferred to see running out in a Chelsea shirt next season.

Torres has been an albatross around our necks since we signed him. He's cost managers their jobs, we've got rid of players so that he wasn't upset by the competition, spent a fortune on players trying to "supply" him with perfect passes..and the guy is still with us screwing up our future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bookies have suspended any betting on Lukaku's next club, it's looking more and more like a done deal to me.
    If true, it's totally crazy. I'm sure he could have been persuaded to stay if he was given assurances that he would have been our number 2. Where does that leave us ?..totally reliant on Diego Costa.
    Fair enough, Lukaku wasn't the finished article. But compared to Torres, I'm damned sure who I would have preferred to see running out in a Chelsea shirt next season.

Torres has been an albatross around our necks since we signed him. He's cost managers their jobs, we've got rid of players so that he wasn't upset by the competition, spent a fortune on players trying to "supply" him with perfect passes..and the guy is still with us screwing up our future.

£25million is a good price for a player who is not the finished article by any stretch.

Heck, its only £5millino less than what we have paid for one of the best strikers in europe and a proven goalscorer in Costa.

The management at Chelsea clearly do not see a future for him, so getting rid of him for that price is a good move, and also in terms of our commitment to FFP.

We have effectively swapped Lukkaku for Costa, and im happy with that.

Just as i was happy with cesc and £20m in the bank for Luiz.

At least when we get rid of our players, we are getting in good money, and spending it wisely. How many years has it been since we can say that?

Costa, Torres and Drogba seems like they could be our strikeforce.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    You're happy with us going in to next season with 1 striker? Given our record with them, I'd much rather go in to next season with Lukaku than Costa - at least we know he can - and will - score goals in this league and isn't FUBAR like Torres.

Selling him is madness if it happens. He has an attitude problem that needs reigning in, but who wouldn't be annoyed by continually being pushed aside in favour of inferior players? Saying he's unwilling to fight for his place is an invalid point when we've seen both he and Sturridge screwed over because of the Torres mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really dont think he could have been persuaded to stay as a number 2. I seriously think his mind has been turned by the hype surrounding him. To me recently he seems to have caught bug that sum young english players have in that they want it all now and not willing to wait for it.

IF the stories are true then he has gone the route i have expected him to go for awhile now. Its a shame but hey its his call. Everton will need alot more investement to get any where near Champions League place and as for winning the trophy I dont see it as finishing in the top half of the league is too important to them to risk on going all out for the League/FA Cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our summer transfers:

Cesc 30m
    Costa 32m
    Pasalic 3m
    Luis 20m

Outgoings:

Luiz 50m
    Ba 5m
    Lukkaku 25m

in = 85million, out = 80million

We have actually balanced the books, and also got Cole, Lampard and Eto'o off their HUGE wages.

In the previous season:

Schurrle 18m
    van Ginkel 8m
    willian 32m
    matic 22m
    salah 11m
    zouma 12m

out:

Bruma 2.5m
    de Bruyne 17m
    Mata 37m

It's the first season in 5 years where we havent spent between 50 and 100 million, its good for business.

We also have Courtois, we paid 6m and he must be worth 30m now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    You're happy with us going in to next season with 1 striker? Given our record with them, I'd much rather go in to next season with Lukaku than Costa - at least we know he can - and will - score goals in this league and isn't FUBAR like Torres.

Selling him is madness if it happens. He has an attitude problem that needs reigning in, but who wouldn't be annoyed by continually being pushed aside in favour of inferior players? Saying he's unwilling to fight for his place is an invalid point when we've seen both he and Sturridge screwed over because of the Torres mistake.

Ive watched Lukaku quite closely at everton and in the WC.

I honestly cannot see this "world class" striker that everyone is gushing about. yes he is young and has potential, but nobody had more potential than andy carroll and look what happened there.

We have a fantastic striker. Im happier with Costa this season at 32million that i would have been paying 50million for Falcao or 50 for cavani. There is a reason they are not at Madrid.

Costa is going to be great for us. I just wish we had kept Eto'o for another season.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £25million is a good price for a player who is not the finished article by any stretch.

Heck, its only £5millino less than what we have paid for one of the best strikers in europe and a proven goalscorer in Costa.

The management at Chelsea clearly do not see a future for him, so getting rid of him for that price is a good move, and also in terms of our commitment to FFP.

We have effectively swapped Lukkaku for Costa, and im happy with that.

Just as i was happy with cesc and £20m in the bank for Luiz.

At least when we get rid of our players, we are getting in good money, and spending it wisely. How many years has it been since we can say that?

Costa, Torres and Drogba seems like they could be our strikeforce.

We paid £17/18m for Lukaku, it's hardly a massive profit. Martinez is no fool, and he is prepared to break Everton's record transfer fee to sign him.
    But more importantly, who else is there around to replace him right now ? I just can't believe that you are really satisfied with Torres and Drogba as back-ups. If anything, that puts us in a weaker position than last season if Costa gets injured or suspended.
    We had just better pray to the football Gods that Costa delivers and stays fit !