• Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Jake was massively overmarked.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake was definitely overmarked and, although I'm sure others won't agree, I thought Pixie was over marked. I think the judges are so in awe of what Pixie can do, that they ignore her mistakes - like not being in step with her partner during the Charleston. It was so obvious that even my OH, who can't dance a step himself, pointed it out.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie overmarked. Simon and Pixie undermarked
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the difficulty, I though Caroline's routine the best of the evening even with the slip.

Jake's routine was scandalously overmarked. He didn't get anywhere near mastering the technique. If the entertainment value deserved that many marks, Caroline should have scored well over 40.

Pixie's technique was a lot better than Jakes's, but still seriously flawed.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake massively overmarked. I don't think Pixie was undermarked, it was a fast routine and not Trent's choreo so it suffered a tiny bit. The music choice was rubbish for a Charleston so I think on the whole 37 was quite decent. Glad they've got that dance out of the way, and if Jake hadn't been overmarked Pixie would have been second on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin overmarked
    Caroline & Pasha undermarked
  • Options
    sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marie67 wrote: »
    Jake overmarked
    Pixie marked about right but undermarked compared to jake and frankie

I agree. I thought pixie was undermarked, especially compared to jakes dire dance.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Jake way overmarked tonight.

Soon all the celebs will be kissing Craig. ( seems to work)
  • Options
    dewyrosedewyrose Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Pixie & Frankie massively over marked - Jake should have got 10's, for one of the only ones left with no dance training he is the best
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake MASSIVELY overmarked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dewyrose wrote: »
    Pixie & Frankie massively over marked - Jake should have got 10's, for one of the only ones left with no dance training he is the best

You do realise he was supposed to have danced a Samba this evening?
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Overmarked for sure. 8 is what I would have given it. That scored higher than Pixie In particular was crazy, but Caroline and Simon too.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sey77 wrote: »
    I agree. I thought pixie was undermarked, especially compared to jakes dire dance.

Jakes dance was not dire. Don't be silly. Even if YOU did not like it to say it was dire is a bit silly to say the least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakes dance was not dire. Don't be silly. Even if YOU did not like it to say it was dire is a bit silly to say the least.

It most certainly WAS dire for a Samba.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It most certainly WAS dire for a Samba.

Obviously the Judges did not agree with that. Just saying.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I thought the scores were generally quite good tonight, although would have rather had Pixie above Frankie and Mark above Simon.
  • Options
    sarasarasarasarasarasara Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously the Judges did not agree with that. Just saying.

Doesn't mean the judges are right though. There are many people with loads of dance experience on threads in this forum who's judgement I trust more than those judges when it come to the dances.

I thought Jake's dance wasn't all that either. He can swivel his hips, good for him, but apart from that I don't think his dance content is always that great. Just my opinion though. I expect Jake will get through though even if he is in the dance off, hopefully he won't make the final though as there are more deserving to go through to the final.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Jake massively overmarked. I don't think Pixie was undermarked, it was a fast routine and not Trent's choreo so it suffered a tiny bit. The music choice was rubbish for a Charleston so I think on the whole 37 was quite decent. Glad they've got that dance out of the way, and if Jake hadn't been overmarked Pixie would have been second on the leaderboard.

I agree.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Sunetra was definitely under marked. Again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean the judges are right though. There are many people with loads of dance experience on threads in this forum who's judgement I trust more than those judges when it come to the dances.

I thought Jake's dance wasn't all that either. He can swivel his hips, good for him, but apart from that I don't think his dance content is always that great. Just my opinion though. I expect Jake will get through though even if he is in the dance off, hopefully he won't make the final though as there are more deserving to go through to the final.

Well maybe we'll see you on the Judges panel next year ;-)
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake overmarked
  • Options
    Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Jake and Pixie were both slightly overmarked. Sunetra was undermarked in comparison to her last week scores... Darcey gave her an eight for her Samba but a Seven for her waltz... What?!
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing is it was meant to be a samba, and it wasn't. Mostly he just wiggled his hips in a really stupid fashion, and the couple of samba steps he attempted were really poorly done. As a samba, I'd say it was possibly one of the worst ever on Strictly, and there have been some bad ones! If people found his larking about entertaining, well that's fine for them, but it still doesn't make it a good dance.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Jake's dance, laughed my head off. It was overmarked though, and so was Pixie a little.

Sunetra was a shade undermarked.

The rest about right.