Comments

• Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco and Asda have revealed which products they're selling on Friday but without prices.

Asda are revealing their prices on Thursday and having a further sale on Saturday (again revealing prices two days before on Friday).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco and Asda have revealed which products they're selling on Friday but without prices.

I mean who can live without a 50" BLAUPUNKT TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know if it is actual good deal in store without researching online?

For example, a camara can say £200 reduced from £500. But unless you check what the price is on amazon and other places, you don't know if it is less elsewhere and they are just trying to shift it.

I noticed PC World often start at an inflated price and say 30% off to being it closer to the real price. However that simply brings it in line for what it is worth if you buy it online...

Seems a bit scammy..

Because people just need to be told its a SALE & they turn into animals.

IT IS A SCAM!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean who can live without a 50" BLAUPUNKT TV?

Nobody man! Nobody! Snap them up quickly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many fights they will be ..people fight over the tv once :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope they don't reducd golf clubs and cricket bats. Those will make the fights interesting.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming soon to a store near you..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEb18fkA-bU (a bit gruesome from 12 mins onwards :( )

Have a look (2mins onwards) at the way some behave, totally unbelievable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL8rE9DT4g I wouldn't work in retail this time of year !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Coming soon to a store near you..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEb18fkA-bU (a bit gruesome from 12 mins onwards :( )

Have a look (2mins onwards) at the way some behave, totally unbelievable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xL8rE9DT4g I wouldn't work in retail this time of year !!!
    The way they're behaving you would think the stuff was free, absolute chaos.

The only way I will be going to the store is if I know they have exactly what at I want at the right price that can't be purchased online.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    So excited for black friday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I wonder how many fights they will be ..people fight over the tv once :D

No-name branded TVs for those who aspire to have 50" TVs on their walls but want to be £150 instead of £800 for a Sony or Panasonic!

Which will be returned within days cos they're shite!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asda offering a 40" Polaroid tv for £140......but here's what I found when I Googled the model number looking for reviews!........

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/11/27/polaroid-pt2-40led14-mystery-specs-and-reviews/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any of you queuing at Tesco? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Game?

Both open at midnight with their sales
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I've got my Sun and Daily Mail at the ready to whack people in the face should they try and steal any of my items. I've also not shaved today so i look tough, no one will mess with me. What's that word the English use when they fight? The gobsmack? That's what I'll be doing later if it kicks off. I'll be doing some gobsmacking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I've got my Sun and Daily Mail at the ready to whack people in the face should they try and steal any of my items. I've also not shaved today so i look tough, no one will mess with me. What's that word the English use when they fight? The gobsmack? That's what I'll be doing later if it kicks off. I'll be doing some gobsmacking.

Please video it for our entertainment :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32 minute queue on the Currys website, 187,000 before me.

What's it going to be like tomorrow! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    there is'nt anything i want, other than clothes or cheap earrings :D
  • Options
    MinkinitMinkinit Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    32 minute queue on the Currys website, 187,000 before me.

What's it going to be like tomorrow! >:(

haha! i'm sitting in a 200k+ queue for absolutely on reason :p

Edit: there is an option to leave the queue... i wonder where it takes me?,,,,
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »

It's pathetic. Why we should try to emulate this is beyond me.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,569
    Forum Member
    Don't expect rapid despatch and delivery this week from Amazon and their couriers, they can't cope. That much is obvious from my two dealings with them so far. Isn't a problem for me and I expected it, worth a mention though I think.

Check and test thoroughly everything that's delicate when it arrives too, as I am sure stuff will be getting chucked around much more than usual this week.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Don't expect rapid despatch and delivery this week from Amazon and their couriers, they can't cope. That much is obvious from my two dealings with them so far. Isn't a problem for me and I expected it, worth a mention though I think.
    2 days for my xbox to come, and one day for jewellery (both "black Friday" deals ), purchased on Tuesday evening.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,569
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    2 days for my xbox to come, and one day for jewellery (both "black Friday" deals ), purchased on Tuesday evening.

It's going to vary and most will arrive OK but there will be more delays than usual. One extra day on one item (and counting but at least they emailed me to say so) and the other I ordered has been "preparing for despatch" for over 48 hours now. Both ordered on Tuesday. December will be worse as the month wears on... as always.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

Check and test thoroughly everything that's delicate when it arrives too, as I am sure stuff will be getting chucked around much more than usual this week.

I complained to Amazon a couple of weeks ago and they extended my Prime membership by a month and again a couple of days ago regarding a late delivery and they gave me a £5 voucher, I wonder what they'll do if I get another late delivery in the day's to come and I complain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    I complained to Amazon a couple of weeks ago and they extended my Prime membership by a month and again a couple of days ago regarding a late delivery and they gave me a £5 voucher, I wonder what they'll do if I get another late delivery in the day's to come and I complain?

I'm expecting Super Smash Brothers to be delivered tomorrow from Amazon since its the game's release date. Hope Black Friday doesn't delay it.