Options

Police probe Katie Hopkins anti Glaswegian Ebola tweets

Comments

• Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    The 'Independence' comment doesn't even make sense. Scotland aren't independent, as per the recent referendum.

It does make sense, it's merely a snide dig.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Then Glaswegians, being the robust folk that they are, ought to challenge those comments instead of crying to the police and appealing to all and any other form of authority to get rid of the people making them.

You have a link to that fact you're stating?
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The police must be sick of probing the mad bint. It was fat people yesterday. Today Glasgow people. Tomorrow she will be slagging someone else. She's not going anywhere as people love to hate her.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that guy from Sunderland can be charged with sending a malicious communication, so can this woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    "Sweaty Glaswegians", " Jocksville", its racist and it offends me and my people, I hope the police investigate it fully and maybe a police caution would be appropriate.

Sweaty Glaswegians is not racist. Just as Thieving Scousers isn't racist.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    The police must be sick of probing the mad bint. It was fat people yesterday. Today Glasgow people. Tomorrow she will be slagging someone else. She's not going anywhere as people love to hate her.

Ker Ching you have got it.:)

I however just wish she would crawl away and find something useful to do with her life.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NII 88 wrote: »
    The replies to this tweet are about 50/50,
    50% happy that the Police are dedicating their time to monitoring @KTHopkins,
    50% saying it is a waste of Police time.

Police Scotland Verified account ‏@policescotland
    Please be aware that we will continue to monitor comments on social media & any offensive comments will be investigated. #

https://twitter.com/policescotland/status/549955567960465408

Police Scotland must have very little to do.

And 'offensive' according to who? That's what I would like to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    You have a link to that fact you're stating?

No Anne, it was a general comment, not some statement of fact.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    This is getting out of control now, people should be able to be as offensive as they like without the police getting involved. Two people were arrested for making jokes last week, is this really the sort of society we want to live in?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All nice and timely for her appearance on Celebrity Big Brother in a few days (if, as it's suspected, she's going into the CBB house).

ETA: Which, I hasten to add, I truly hope she isn't!
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    NII 88 wrote: »
    The replies to this tweet are about 50/50,
    50% happy that the Police are dedicating their time to monitoring @KTHopkins,
    50% saying it is a waste of Police time.

Police Scotland Verified account ‏@policescotland
    Please be aware that we will continue to monitor comments on social media & any offensive comments will be investigated. #

https://twitter.com/policescotland/status/549955567960465408

wow talk about 1984 "we're watching you" police state

since when is 'offense' against the law?

creepy and sinister
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waste of police time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    To allow me to gloat, which was exactly what I said.

You just want people investigated by the police for nothing, just because you don't like them and it gives you something to gloat about? Righty ho.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Can you explain what you mean by that comment ?

It's what we call a "pun" - in essence, a play on words for humourous effect.
    The previous poster had asked if Glaswegians were a "race". Given Ms Hopkins' clear disdain for Glaswegians, I suggested that she considered them a race - a "disg" race, which can be contracted to form "disgrace". See what I did? ;-)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like all trolls and keyboard warriors, they feel so safe tweeting from the comfort of their bedrooms, basements, dungeons, bridges, big houses in her case, probably,whatever....she's nothing different; just got a media profile, mainly for being a mean-spirited, snobby, vaguely nauseating but very savvy ar*e. I think a visit to Glasgow city centre to give her sophisticated opinions face to face would be a good idea.

I'll pay for the ticket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is getting out of control now, people should be able to be as offensive as they like without the police getting involved. Two people were arrested for making jokes last week, is this really the sort of society we want to live in?

That is the new liberalism for you. "Say what you want as long as I am not offended."
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More disgraceful racist anti Glasgow bile from Hopkins.
    Its blatant racism, not for the first time from her, would it be OK if she was saying it about people from Tokyo or nairobi?
    "Sweaty Glaswegians", " Jocksville", its racist and it offends me and my people, I hope the police investigate it fully and maybe a police caution would be appropriate.

racist
    ˈreɪsɪst/Submit
    noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

race
    /reɪs/
    noun
    a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
    a population so related.
    Anthropology.
    a. (no longer in technical use) any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics.
    b. an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, especially formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.
    c. a socially constructed category of identification based on physical characteristics, ancestry, historical affiliation, or shared culture:

So it is racist? :confused:
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Sweaty jocks"? She can't even get her offensive rhyming slang right.

Ignore her and she'll go away. Or she won't. Either way, it doesn't matter, you'll be ignoring her.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Seems, to me, that some people expect the police to act like internet moderators these days.

"Bwahhh! Somebody hurt my feelings! Ban them from teh internetz!!!!"
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    we definatley need new laws to protect freedom of speech in the constitution like in the usa
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its blatant racism, not for the first time from her, would it be OK if she was saying it about people from Tokyo or nairobi?

It's not racism unless Glaswegians are a race.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably the best news she's had in a while, it means people are reading her twaddle and taking it to heart.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice the hypocrisy people?

A left wing satire show like "Mock the Week" makes jokes regarding incest about people in East Anglia and nothing is done.

Then Hopkins, on Twitter, makes a comment about Glaswegians and suddenly "PC PC" of the Yard has to spend tax payers' money investigating her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    we definatley need new laws to protect freedom of speech in the constitution like in the usa

That isn't making a difference these days either as they have the same social justice warriors that we have who are bent on sanitising the world of everything they don't like.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throw her ass in prison anyway.