Options

Madonna - Rebel Heart

Comments

• Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    this album is a stunner, I bought the deluxe version from iTunes so only listened to the remaining tracks today.

'I'm not Joan of Arc, Not yet'

I wish Joan Of Arc has been single two. Its so perfect and really fits with where she is at right now in regards to public perception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv40WdbfVw8
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished listening to the album for the first time. I have to say, overall I like the majority of the tracks on the first listen. Even the controversial S.E.X. The one track I really don't like is Bitch I'm Madonna and my surprising standout favourite is Unapologetic Bitch. Rebel Heart is brilliant too. The album flows very nicely too, each song feels like it belongs after the one which has come before it. I like all the references to her earlier work on the later tracks although some of the samples feel a tad out of place. I remember that when I first listened to MDNA I didn't really take to many of the tracks, Superstar and I'm a Sinner aside. I absolutely detested I Don't Give A and yet it grew on me immensely, especially after seeing it performed live. MDNA grew on me over time and I adore the whole album now, minus some of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition. In my opinion RH is Madonna's strongest work since Confessions and though it pains me to say it because of how high I hold Confessions, many of the tracks are stronger. I don't feel Confessions has aged too well to be honest. Overall though RH is a fantastic album and it really feels like she has put the work in to get it right this time. Well done Madonna, it is a true work of art and you should be proud.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having listened to the full thing twice in a row this morning I have some initial thoughts, this album is good, not yet great for me, I definitely feel that it's something that will grow immensely over the coming days, every track right now has something great about it, because of the sheer volume of tracks it's taking me a little longer to absorb everything, but I'll get there, one thing I can tell is that this album is definitely trying to tell a story, and it's telling it pretty damn well.
    This is also the first time I may buy multiple copies of a Madonna album, every cover for each edition is stunning and I really want the media markt edition so I can get Autotune Baby.
  • Options
    pinkprintpinkprint Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still counts to the official chart - it just doesn't get counted again on the release day on iTunes.

other posters are confusing me now.

so the pre orders WILL be counted towards THIS WEEKS chart?

but they will just not show as a physical position on itunes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkprint wrote: »
    other posters are confusing me now.

so the pre orders WILL be counted towards THIS WEEKS chart?

but they will just not show as a physical position on itunes?

Yes. Madonna's place on the chart as of now is only from those who have ordered it since midnight not before.
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album will obviously go in at number 1 - the bigger question is will it have any longevity or just tumble out of the charts quickly, like a lot of legacy acts tend to do these days.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Yes. Madonna's place on the chart as of now is only from those who have ordered it since midnight not before.

ok im lost now. all the 'pre-orders' do not count towards the official chart ??!! how can that be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    ok im lost now. all the 'pre-orders' do not count towards the official chart ??!! how can that be

No they all count but her position on ITunes now doesn't show the pre orders but they will count towards her overall position on Sunday.

Hope I explained that better!

If all the pre orders were included like they used to be she would probably be number 1 on there now. Its a silly and complicated change that has confused so many people.
  • Options
    JakeXYJakeXY Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I bought a copy today. It's her best album since Confessions on a Dance Floor.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

pre-orders are only counted once the sale has been made. So, the moment the album is released the sale becomes firm and is no longer a pre-order. So, obviously the pre-order figures are important but are now only reflected when the sale is made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, just to let you know that I've started a Madonna Albums Hurt and Heal Game over in the Music Games section. I'd love it if as many of you could join in!
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    JakeXY wrote: »
    I bought a copy today. It's her best album since Confessions on a Dance Floor.

im listening to it and its far better than confessions (although confessions had 2 of my favourite songs, hung up and sorry)

this is probably madonnas best album as a whole for me.
    i have never really taken to any of her other albums. Music is probably my second fave,.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deluxe and super deluxe are now both in the top 10 of the Amazon Best Sellers. I'm not sure how often it updates but the deluxe was at 13 this morning now its at 10. I would have expected to see her higher on there but I suppose when both copies of it are combined she will be. The 14 track version of the album is at 48! I'm pleased no one is buying it. The deluxe or super deluxe is where its at! interestingly at this point though, the super deluxe which is more expensive is above the 19 track deluxe.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Been listening all day and I absolutely LOVE Holy Water. I keep going back to it. Incredible!

Weakest is Body Shop

Hopefully my Super deluxe is waiting for me when I get home! Been streamimg on Spotify all day. I wanna listen in full HD quality now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i bought my copy today ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deluxe and super deluxe are now both in the top 10 of the Amazon Best Sellers. I'm not sure how often it updates but the deluxe was at 13 this morning now its at 10. I would have expected to see her higher on there but I suppose when both copies of it are combined she will be. The 14 track version of the album is at 48! I'm pleased no one is buying it. The deluxe or super deluxe is where its at! interestingly at this point though, the super deluxe which is more expensive is above the 19 track deluxe.

BIB: Sadly, I bought it. I had no choice. Amazon let me down. Despite being an Amazon Prime member, they failed to supply the album on the day promised. I phoned them and they said to allow until "Thursday 12th" as that was Royal Mail were giving as a guideline. All supermarkets in Newbury are selling the standard version only. We have not one record store. If I hadn't bought the standard then it would have been the first time since True Blue that I hadn't had her album on day of release. If my Deluxe doesn't come tomorrow I might get a tad angry!
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    BIB: Sadly, I bought it. I had no choice. Amazon let me down. Despite being an Amazon Prime member, they failed to supply the album on the day promised. I phoned them and they said to allow until "Thursday 12th" as that was Royal Mail were giving as a guideline. All supermarkets in Newbury are selling the standard version only. We have not one record store. If I hadn't bought the standard then it would have been the first time since True Blue that I hadn't had her album on day of release. If my Deluxe doesn't come tomorrow I might get a tad angry!

That's completely unacceptable on their part, especially given the value of a Prime subscription. I paid £1.49 for first class postage on mine and it arrived this morning. I was almost expecting it not too as it wasn't dispatched until Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just looking through the Amazon reviews and something caught my eye because I was sure I read it somewhere before.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R32TWYX9JDBQ5A/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R32TWYX9JDBQ5A

That person there has copied part of this users post and added it to Amazon as their own.
    JakeXY wrote: »
    What do you think Rebel Heart will sell in its first week and overall in the US?

It will have stability throughout March and into early April due to the tour ticket/album bundle being spread out over several weeks. The album won’t experience massive second week sales decline like MDNA did. The first week sales of MDNA benefited from nearly all the US shows being put on sale before the album was released hence its high first week sales and subsequent plummet.

Rebel Heart also has 11 weeks of pre-sales that have been building up since the end of last year. MDNA only had about seven. There has also been promotion like the Grammy Awards to up her pre-sales. The other interesting thing to point out is the Super Deluxe version has a runtime over 100 minutes. Apparently this means sales of that will be counted twice, i.e. 50k will be 100k. That will boost her total sales as well.

The only problem is the lack of a hit single to sell the album past the first month or so. Madonna will probably disappear into tour rehearsals in May so promotion might cease between then and the start of the tour. I know she's not really guaranteed a hit single anymore, but I do hope she gives Ghosttown a good push, i.e. a strong video, a few TV performances etc. to keep the album bubbling along. Her team obviously know what they’re doing this time. They definitely want the album to reach at least gold status like MDNA hence all the extra help. Exciting times!

It also sounds very much uncanny to some of the rants we see on here from those who make essay long posts about Madonna and you guessed it, her fans!

So what is going on here then?

I also looked at that users profile who ever he is it would seem he has a very deep and unhealthy Madonna hatred as he reviews everything she has released and given it a 1 star review!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A1BQ2TL93U98M3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Not sure if I should laugh or not but it seems this person is on this very forum and is stealing peoples posts... do we flag it up as copyright either to DS or to Amazon?

I think its pretty much obvious which user it is but I want to see if they confirm it themselves rather than anyone name them here.

Digital Spy may also need to investigate it as forum rules and terms have been broken by taking someones posts from here and posting it somewhere else.
  • Options
    Feline77Feline77 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up to 70 now on Metacritic - a few more positive reviews have been added! :)
  • Options
    Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just looking through the Amazon reviews and something caught my eye because I was sure I read it somewhere before.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R32TWYX9JDBQ5A/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R32TWYX9JDBQ5A

That person there has copied part of this users post and added it to Amazon as their own.

It also sounds very much uncanny to some of the rants we see on here from those who make essay long posts about Madonna and you guessed it, her fans!

I also looked at that users profile who ever he is it would seem he has a very deep and unhealthy Madonna hatred as he reviews everything she has released and given it a 1 star review!

Not sure if I should laugh or not but it seems this person is on this very forum and is stealing peoples posts... do we flag it up as copyright either to DS or to Amazon?

I think its pretty much obvious which user it is but I want to see if they confirm it themselves rather than anyone name them here.

Digital Spy may also need to investigate it as forum rules and terms have been broken by taking someones posts from here and posting it somewhere else.

OH MY GOD! hahahaha you are damn right its obvious who that is and i would say it proves he/she has many accounts on here. Which we all suspected anyway.

Have you contacted Amazon and DS about it yet? this really does need to be looked into. I knew Madonna had her haters but this takes the whole box of cream cakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure who to flag up with but I read the rules of the forum and the terms have been broken as stealing posts and putting them up elsewhere isn't allowed. Because of the tone of the reviews and the fact they are basically word for word identical to several recent posts on here its very easy to pin point which user it is but I don't want to say my suspicions out loud. I will send DS an email in a bit. I will have to gather up that persons posts as evidence I guess to prove it.
    Feline77 wrote: »
    Up to 70 now on Metacritic - a few more positive reviews have been added! :)

Great news!
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that person is so pathetic! Surely people have better things to do?! I don't know which user it is but if someone wants to PM me who it is so I can keep an eye out that would be cool.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just laugh.....and read the immaculate collection review :o
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure who to flag up with but I read the rules of the forum and the terms have been broken as stealing posts and putting them up elsewhere isn't allowed. Because of the tone of the reviews and the fact they are basically word for word identical to several recent posts on here its very easy to pin point which user it is but I don't want to say my suspicions out loud. I will send DS an email in a bit. I will have to gather up that persons posts as evidence I guess to prove it.

Great news!

Madonna has some psycho posters who hate her on YouTube too, some post very long comments on her videos. Obsession doesn't even begin to cover it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna literally makes people feel uncomfortable. Her success is a prospect that some people don't like to admit. She is the richest musician in the world - has overtaken Paul McCartney. It is her success and determination that grates on people. She is like a weeble. She will wobble, but will never fall down. No other artist has ever got up the noses of people before in the way she does and I for one, absolutely think it's brilliant! Bloody good on her that she manages to cause such discomfort to idiots!