laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
Forum Member
✭✭
just seen on twitter SK are headlining there own tour wow thats so fast :D

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,050
    Forum Member
    Quite small venues, but decent if they sell out.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am happy for themxx A great way to build a fanbase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite small venues, but decent if they sell out.

They sold out 02 Islington.In between on 11th April they have one with Union J and Bailey in Milton Keyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have proved all the idiots wrong :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    They sold out 02 Islington.In between on 11th April they have one with Union J and Bailey in Milton Keyes.

One off London gigs are easier to sell out than whole tours. Some of the venues they are playing only hold 600 so there's obviously not that much faith in them.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it a bit early to go on tour? Just constantly singing the XF Back catalogue they should just go and record new stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't it a bit early to go on tour? Just constantly singing the XF Back catalogue they should just go and record new stuff!

How do you know what songs they are going to sing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know what songs they are going to sing?

Isn't it obvious?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't it obvious?

Not really. I don't know what they've been doing for the past few months. They may have recorded stuff, they may have rehearsed new songs etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Obviously you are behind the times.They have new songs.There is one here.'The One that got Away' in the background.They have recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaI2ipwazk

Why would O2 or anyone give them a tour if they think they dont deserve it???:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it obvious?

Obvious to who???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One off London gigs are easier to sell out than whole tours. Some of the venues they are playing only hold 600 so there's obviously not that much faith in them.

ALL venues are O2.Therefore O2 has faith in them.It is an O2 tour.
  • Options
    Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    [/B]

It's not an 02 tour. The venues are sponsored by 02 but not owned by them. Anyone can theoretically play at an 02 Academy venue, the only 02 association will be that anyone on 02 can probably get early access to buy tickets.

Also a lot of the venues aren't even as big as 600 capacity. They're playing Academy 2's for the most part which are closer to 200-300 capacity.

This just looks like a cash grab by the promoters and management while they still have any relevance. I doubt they're going to be signed by anyone other than a small independent label.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [/B]

O2 sponsor the venues, not the acts. As I said, I know the Birmingham Academy 2 only holds 600, some others might be even smaller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pingu222 wrote: »
    It's not an 02 tour. The venues are sponsored by 02 but not owned by them. Anyone can theoretically play at an 02 Academy venue, the only 02 association will be that anyone on 02 can probably get early access to buy tickets.

Also a lot of the venues aren't even as big as 600 capacity. They're playing Academy 2's for the most part which are closer to 200-300 capacity.

This just looks like a cash grab by the promoters and management while they still have any relevance. I doubt they're going to be signed by anyone other than a small independent label.

Does it really matter?? It is part of Stereo Kicks portfolio which ever way you look at it. Whether the venues are small,not owned by O2,cash and so on and so on and so on and so on.....

It is unrealistic to expect a band of 7 months to play Wembley if that is what you want.For 7 months a 'small' tour is an incredible acheivement.

Maybe it should just be accepted that people outside of DS can see potential and are willing to take a chance.No point is sour graping
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O2 sponsor the venues, not the acts. As I said, I know the Birmingham Academy 2 only holds 600, some others might be even smaller.

Small venues or not,O2 or not, a band of 7 months without an album cant play Wembley.Whatever it is,it is adding to their portfolio.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereo Kicks will replace One Direction in the market as they're getting too old to be a boyband now.

Fleur will have a big first album but Simon will push her aside in sequel albums for Stereo Kicks.

Lauren will have a niche success.

Ben I'm predicting will go independent.

And Andrea won't have much chart success, but will probably be successful in the West End.

That's just my opinion on what will happen anyway.

Well done to Stereo Kicks on getting a tour, even if it's small most groups have to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereo Kicks will replace One Direction in the market as they're getting too old to be a boyband now.

Fleur will have a big first album but Simon will push her aside in sequel albums for Stereo Kicks.

Lauren will have a niche success.

Ben I'm predicting will go independent.

And Andrea won't have much chart success, but will probably be successful in the West End.

That's just my opinion on what will happen anyway.

Well done to Stereo Kicks on getting a tour, even if it's small most groups have to start somewhere.

Good for them. I ht'llelp them out, give them a bit more exposure. Even if they are small venues everyone has to start somewhere :) Maybe the shoes have been set up to see how well they sell, if the demand is there enough for them to be signed.

But to say are hardly going to replace One Direction. Yes One Direction have been around a bit and I don't see them being around much longer but I doubt Stereo Kicks is going to be their replacement. One Direction came into the market at the right time, there wasn't really a boyband like them around, now a days they are popping up everywhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to laugh at Simon pushing fleur aside for stereo kicks that's hilarious! I honestly don't think that will happen if Simon wanted to sign them he would've already when he signed fleur and she would already be pushed aside if this boyband are the second coming which they ain't! Basically they will be picked up by Epic or RCA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder why nobody has signed them yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Small venues or not,O2 or not, a band of 7 months without an album cant play Wembley.Whatever it is,it is adding to their portfolio.

I have never said they should be playing Wembley. There is a huge difference between that and what are basically extremely small venues.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will earn very much for this. The management taking their cut and the rest being split eight ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I don't think they will earn very much for this. The management taking their cut and the rest being split eight ways.

Most of the gigs will be loss making i'd have thought. Take Birmingham as an example, even if it sells out the ticket take will only be £7500. Once you take out all the costs there won't be anything left.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to laugh at Simon pushing fleur aside for stereo kicks that's hilarious! I honestly don't think that will happen if Simon wanted to sign them he would've already when he signed fleur and she would already be pushed aside if this boyband are the second coming which they ain't! Basically they will be picked up by Epic or RCA

My feelings are they will not be picked up by any label, at least not as an "8" I suspect if any label is interested they'll want to trim them down to 4 or 5 max...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    My feelings are they will not be picked up by any label, at least not as an "8" I suspect if any label is interested they'll want to trim them down to 4 or 5 max...

I dunno it worked for s club 8 but then they were actually really good and along with SClub 7 they had massive appeal stereo kicks can't create that type of hysteria again because times have changed so much in the music biz!