Options

Unemployment rises

Comments

• Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    It's probably down to the workshy jacking in their jobs in expectation of a Labour Government and the resultant cushy benefit regime

It's pribabably down to the Tories not cooking the books now they've won the election or in nicer terms manipulating the figures :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    We aren't a rich country. We've sold everything off. There are rich people in this country.

You are so wrong. "our country" is the 6th biggest. But I do agree with you the bloody Tories are trying to sell everything off, just like they did 1979-97
    Post Office gone last year, sold cheap to there Tory Friends.
    Now expect sociel housing to be sold off, some people making money over MORE people who will have to pay more money to rent, thanks to the bloody tories selling the homes CHEAP.
    Now more people will have no homes, but the few have made a packet. That is always the Tory way.
    This country is RICH, we Need love, compansion and understanding here where we live here or the shit will hit you all:(
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    lucius12 wrote: »
    You are so wrong. "our country" is the 6th biggest. But I do agree with you the bloody Tories are trying to sell everything off, just like they did 1979-97
    Post Office gone last year, sold cheap to there Tory Friends.
    Now expect sociel housing to be sold off, some people making money over MORE people who will have to pay more money to rent, thanks to the bloody tories selling the homes CHEAP.
    Now more people will have no homes, but the few have made a packet. That is always the Tory way.
    This country is RICH, we Need love, compansion and understanding here where we live here or the shit will hit you all:(

It is amazing how supporters on the left bemoan the Conservatives doing what Labour did. Labour itself was looking at the Sale of Royal Mail. It was also Labour who sold of housing to Associations rather than the people who actually lived in them. People will of course have homes since they will actually own the house they live in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is amazing how supporters on the left bemoan the Conservatives doing what Labour did. Labour itself was looking at the Sale of Royal Mail. It was also Labour who sold of housing to Associations rather than the people who actually lived in them. People will of course have homes since they will actually own the house they live in.

Yes but looking is not doing like your "Tory "friends have done. Labour did not sell off housing associations, your Tory friends want and will do that. Like they sold off coucie housing so giving your rich to buy landlords my tax paying money.
    it does not surprize me, people like you talk and get your fingers on your keybored over worked turning out CRAP AND DOWN RIGHT LIES:o
    You need to get your facts right Paul. If not you just look like a Chimp:D
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually agree, perhaps a more accurate response would have been "and the award for the most obvious attempt at baiting goes to"................

No change there then... I'd put him on ignore if I didn't get a giggle out of each lame attempt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    No change there then... I'd put him on ignore if I didn't get a giggle out of each lame attempt.

Good old shit Tories:D You and old hippy pork pie:D
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »

I will admit that in all the years on this forum he is the only poster who has ever tempted me to use the ignore feature, but I learned to laugh at him instead of feeling anger, I picture 'Tory boy' from the Harry Enfield show using mummy and daddies computer when I read his posts.
    ;-)
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old shit Tories:D You and old hippy pork pie:D

I assume you are not calling ME a Tory? :o:o:o
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A relative went off sick recently and her employer sacked her rather than pay SSP.
    She cannot claim JSA or ESA as it is deemed she was sacked and has to prove otherwise - A near impossible feat if you know how the DWP operates and expensive ( tribunal costs £1250 )

If she was off sick for more than 3 days before she was sacked, she was employed when her entitlement to SSP started. As they refused to pay her SSP, they should have issued an SSP1 saying why not. That would entitle her to claim ESA.

There is a part of, I think, HMRC, that deals with employers who fail to comply with this sort of stuff. ACAS may well be able to point her in the right direction.

I'd encourage her to get on their case. Not only will she get some money sorted, but the employers may well get penalised for behaving like complete gits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will admit that in all the years on this forum he is the only poster who has ever tempted me to use the ignore feature, but I learned to laugh at him instead of feeling anger, I picture 'Tory boy' from the Harry Enfield show using mummy and daddies computer when I read his posts.
    ;-)

I am so pleased you don't let the bloody Tories get you down or Tony Blair.
    I bet Tony would want you to use your finger to put up yours:D
    like the other labour tories>:(
    Put me, if that is me you are about on your ignore feature. We must not get like Son's of Anarchy here and let the BLOODY TORIES WIN
    Why you should, never mind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LakieLady wrote: »
    If she was off sick for more than 3 days before she was sacked, she was employed when her entitlement to SSP started. As they refused to pay her SSP, they should have issued an SSP1 saying why not. That would entitle her to claim ESA.

There is a part of, I think, HMRC, that deals with employers who fail to comply with this sort of stuff. ACAS may well be able to point her in the right direction.

I'd encourage her to get on their case. Not only will she get some money sorted, but the employers may well get penalised for behaving like complete gits.

You must understand now the Tories are in power if you are sick you are...........................................****ED
    I am sorry for using that word but i am right in anyway you want to say it
  • Options
    MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    It's probably down to the workshy jacking in their jobs in expectation of a Labour Government and the resultant cushy benefit regime

Do you realise that if a person quits a job, it disqualifies that person from claiming benefits for six months? Hardly the resultant cushy benefit regime that you suggest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I assume you are not calling ME a Tory? :o:o:o[/QUOT

WHY? You want to call me what?

You are just a lazy Labour person who shits his mouth on the net?
    No wonder the Tories are smiling>:(
  • Options
    MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also Labour who sold of housing to Associations rather than the people who actually lived in them.

Tenants whose homes were transferred to Housing Associations from the local council retained the right to buy.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    You seem to under the misapprehension that all people on family tax credits are hard working?:confused:

Blame the misapprehension on Cameron, Osborne and IDS, everybody who is in work is "hardworking" according to them, so why would working people on family tax credit be any different ? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morlock wrote: »
    Tenants whose homes were transferred to Housing Associations from the local council retained the right to buy.

BUT most of them were, are getting housing benifit so don't get a chance of buying there home now are anytime soon
    I BET the TORIES will give those on housing benifit money to give up there home. These Tories will not give a shit about the money they give the housing benifit people.
    They just want the homes.
    Never Trust the Tories, even if you try to be one you will get shit all:p
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I'll start getting worried when it goes up by the 800 000 it did under the last Labour government.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Yes but looking is not doing like your "Tory "friends have done. Labour did not sell off housing associations, your Tory friends want and will do that. Like they sold off coucie housing so giving your rich to buy landlords my tax paying money.

The Conservatives sold to the people who actually lived in the properties - just as they are intending to do with those people who now live in local authorities - further as this article shows - local authority housing passed far faster into private hands under Blair/Brown than it did under Thatcher/Major or Cameron (see http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/09/labours-claim-of-being-the-party-of-council-housing-is-in-tatters/).
    it does not surprize me, people like you talk and get your fingers on your keybored over worked turning out CRAP AND DOWN RIGHT LIES:o
    You need to get your facts right Paul. If not you just look like a Chimp:D

Sorry what lies? what crap - please do not let me stop you providing some link to back up what you are saying.

It is Labour which sold more homes to Landlords than the Conservatives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :)
    Meepers wrote: »
    I'll start getting worried when it goes up by the 800 000 it did under the last Labour government.

:( sad person knows nothing? Just Tory Crap? Do people understand that anyone getting housing benifit will not be allowed to buy there home?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Conservatives sold to the people who actually lived in the properties - just as they are intending to do with those people who now live in local authorities - further as this article shows - local authority housing passed far faster into private hands under Blair/Brown than it did under Thatcher/Major or Cameron (see http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2013/09/labours-claim-of-being-the-party-of-council-housing-is-in-tatters/).

Sorry what lies? what crap - please do not let me stop you providing some link to back up what you are saying.

It is Labour which sold more homes to Landlords than the Conservatives.

WE don't need any links do we.? You know
    Really?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

No one who gets housing benifit and lives in housing assoution home, will be allowed to buy there home.
    Why should they? Don't WORRY the BLOODY TORIES will NOT allow them to buy there homes
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Didn't take long for the long term plan to hit snags

The BEEB make themselves unpopular - again - with the Tories fro reporting it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »

I actually called HMRC on her behalf and got nowhere as they seemed uninterested in pursuing her former employer.
    Also contacted ACAS and the guy there said because she worked for an agency they can literally turn round and say there is no work for her and thus escape paying SSP.

She managed to get her SSP1 eventually but in the meantime she has no money coming in because the DWP still seems to think she should be claiming SSP.
    This is all to do with cowboy employers being able to do exactly as they please as the legislation to enable employees to challenge their employer is being stripped away.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one who gets housing benifit and lives in housing assoution home, will be allowed to buy there home.
    Why should they? Don't WORRY the BLOODY TORIES will NOT allow them to buy there homes

Are you the reincarnation of HoraceTort?