Options

♀ 50% of misogynistic tweets are from women

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    Harassment of women is to be recorded as a hate crime in a bid to tackle sexist abuse.

The (Notts.) force defines misogyny hate crime as:
    "Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman."

Seems a little discriminatory? Are women incapable of harassment of men? Surely the sexes should be interchangeable in the above?

The BBC woman 'harassed' was trolled with the '**** her right in the pussy' catchphrase that people have been shouting in live broadcasts for a while now at male and female news reporters. It won't take a decent brief long to rip apart the Nottingham plod's trumped up charges.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin Pizzey debunked that myth.

That's to do with domestic abuse, not 'hate crime'.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    i've got no idea where you're coming from, I haven't even mentioned "poor white males" in the posts i've posted in the last few minutes. I was merely talking about different terms that have been used and are being used currently.....

I really don't understand you at this moment in time, you really sound overly sensitive for some reason.

Ah the old "over sensitive" card. I think I have made myself very clear your remarks about not hearing the word chauvinistic but over hearing misogynistic was as wafer thin as it could be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your opinion is very clear. Crystal. No attempt to demean or insinuate at all.

It's hate from women to women!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=82527414&postcount=1

I'm aware but it's not about domestic abuse which you have used to further your "women are worse" agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The definition of what constitutes a misogynistic hate crime by Nottinghamshire Police (disclaimer: I am a Nottinghamshire resident so I am covered by this) is very vague. Technically, disagreeing with a woman or being inept when dating can now be classified under the new hate crime rules.

I would not be surprised if one of the targets of this new ruling is the Justice for Men and Boys (and the women who love them) political party whose roots are in Nottinghamshire.

This is a dangerous and Orwellian idea that has been implemented by the Chief Constable of Nottinghamshire Police which will be open to abuse and further cause a gender divide in society.

Well Gareth, please highlight the prosecution when this actually happens (but it won't).

Having said that, being 'inept' at dating could cover something quite serious so perhaps that's what you're thinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Gareth, please highlight when this actually happens (but it won't).

I'm still confused how "being inept at dating" could be a hate crime. Unless he is messaging women abuse when they don't reply or refuse to send pussy pics I don't see how it can be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Please stop with your nonsense. You need a major rethink about your attitudes to women and that chip on your shoulder and I feel you may enjoy life more fully if you did this.

You might think it is nonsense, but then I'd have thought this was nonsense if it didn't happen:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-who-must-notify-police-24-hours-before-having-sex-threatens-hunger-strike-to-protest-unlawful-a7110801.html

And then this case:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/07/london-commuter-put-on-trial-for-sex-assault-despite-no-evidence-that-it-happened-5667116/

Would that have ever went to court if the complainer was male?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it is nonsense and no right minded person would agree that was an apt course of action. That doesn't mean that every woman who complains about abuse is lying. Much as you would like it be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyclad wrote: »
    Indeed. Considerate of your partner - under the thumb. Cry - and you're weak. Interested in children - you're a peado... and many more.

Do you need to start mixing with different people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rules on what constitutes a misogynistic hate crime are very vague, if you genuinely believe that people will not abuse it for their own gain then you are being very naive. Indeed, me disagreeing with you could now constitute a hate crime (not a joke)!
    You either need to grow up or get help.

You're comments, here and elsewhere, are consistently ridiculous.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still confused how "being inept at dating" could be a hate crime. Unless he is messaging women abuse when they don't reply or refuse to send pussy pics I don't see how it can be.
    Talking to a woman who takes what you say the wrong way now constitutes a hate crime under the vague rules implemented by Nottinghamshire Police. This is what is meant by being "inept at dating" because such men ain't gonna be smooth talkers! A chat-up line could now be considered a hate crime. Not paying for a date in full could now be considered a hate crime. And yes, such vague rules can be abused for censorship, blackmail or person gain - see anti-terrorism laws.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Ah the old "over sensitive" card. I think I have made myself very clear your remarks about not hearing the word chauvinistic but over hearing misogynistic was as wafer thin as it could be.

well yes! You seem to be seeing things in my posts that aren't there for some reason, and yes, you are coming across as overly sensitive.
    And yes, I find the overuse of the word mysogynistic really tedious, and makes some women out to be overly precious.....

I think we all see sexism generally and men being chauvinistic, but real mysogyny....no, I don't think so. Obviously we'll have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You either need to grow up or get help.

You're comments, here and elsewhere, are consistently ridiculous.
    I'd suggest ignoring the gun crime in the city of Nottingham and focusing on the monsters known as wolf whistlers is ridiculous. Nottinghamshire Police need to get their priorities right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking to a woman who takes what you say the wrong way now constitutes a hate crime under the vague rules implemented by Nottinghamshire Police. This is what is meant by being "inept at dating" because such men ain't gonna be smooth talkers! A chat-up line could now be considered a hate crime. Not paying for a date in full could now be considered a hate crime. And yes, such vague rules can be abused for censorship, blackmail or person gain - see anti-terrorism laws.

Please provide a rational explanation of this.
  • Options
    GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    I'm aware but it's not about domestic abuse
    If 'hate crime' then it must be applied equally to both genders otherwise as mentioned before it's discriminatory. Or are you saying women are completely incapable of committing such an 'offence'? If so, then that's discriminatory.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I'd suggest ignoring the gun crime in the city of Nottingham and focusing on the monsters known as wolf whistlers is ridiculous. Nottinghamshire Police need to get their priorities right.

Yes, because as everyone knows.....whistling at a woman or a woman whistling at a man ( does happen y'know!) is now considered a hate crime..............you really can't make it up, just gets better and better.....

I wonder how that will play out? A woman walks into a pólice station and asks to spreak to an officer to inform them that whilst on their way to work, they were whistled at.............what will happen then? Will the man be chased down the street and questioned and a case tried to be put forward at a later date?.......

Or a man goes into the police station and speaks to an officer to inform him that whilst he was cleaning windows, a woman walked past his ladder and whistled and shouted out "hey sexy" or something similar.....would the woman then be chased down the street, and duly questioned......

And whilst men and women are getting arrested due to whistling at each other, the gun crime gets ignored and put on the backburner....^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So the police are actually ignoring gun crime in Nottingham?

Can you back this up?

You seem very good at writing things that don't stand up to scrutiny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it is nonsense and no right minded person would agree that was an apt course of action. That doesn't mean that every woman who complains about abuse is lying. Much as you would like it be.

Would those cases I have shown gone to court if the accused was female and the victim male?
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please provide a rational explanation of this.

He won't be able to but you may get 4 or 5 wordy sentences that don't make any sense that he's got off the net somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gareth & Cas . . . a match made in Heaven?
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure TGHE is straight.
  • Options
    GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    Yes i've never read such nonsense as that first link. Simply staggering.

I remember the second case well. It was thrown out at court but not after the man had gone through a year of hell.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would solve so many problems :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We continually hear about the police being stretched and under resourced and then they devote resources to investigate wolf whistling and other petty he-said she said 'crimes'. I hope the tax payers in Nottingham are paying attention next time they need the law and they give out some excuse for not being there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We continually hear about the police being stretched and under resourced and then they devote resources to investigate wolf whistling and other petty he-said she said 'crimes'. I hope the tax payers in Nottingham are paying attention next time they need the law and they give out some excuse for not being there.

I would imagine a lot of hate crime can come down to s/he said, s/he said in relation to colour, sexuality, race, disability etc. Should the police also ignore those and tell the victims to go away?