Options

Trumps early curtain call!!

GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
Forum Member
Trump has just been rushed off stage by Secret Service agents during a speech in Nevada after someone in the crowd shouted "he's got a gun".

Someone doesn't like Trump? :confused: What a shocker!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3909514/Donald-Trump-rushed-away-Secret-Service-speaking-Reno-rally.html

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could well have been a setup - the "protestor" with the "bill clinton is a rapist" sign at one of clinton's rallies allowed her to deliver a seemingly well rehearsed "off the cuff" speech.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well guns are often black, so any old shadow could look like a gun, if people are riled.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,877
    Forum Member
    I am astonished he hasn't been served with a writ for defamation. I am absolutely staggered by the things that have been said in public forums or published (on both sides). It seems to be open season where anyone can make any sort of claim or accusation no matter how slanderous or write jaw dropping libelous copy. Extraordinary. The world seems to be going to hell in a handcart at the moment.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    If Hilary doesn't win, it'll be a complete travesty in my eyes.

Honestly, don't normally give much of a shit about US politics, but I've been following this one with interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    If Hilary doesn't win, it'll be a complete travesty in my eyes.

Honestly, don't normally give much of a shit about US politics, but I've been following this one with interest.

I think it will by Trump and comfortably - hell in a handcart I tell you. :o:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it will by Trump and comfortably - hell in a handcart I tell you. :o:(

I don't think so. I think Hilary will win, but I'm a bit worried at how close it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clinton good for domestic policy, bad for foreign policy

Trump disaster for domestic policy, might bring peace and reduce warring in foreign affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mudbox wrote: »

Trump disaster for domestic policy, might bring peace and reduce warring in foreign affairs.

Only with Russia, who nobody else likes anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only with Russia, who nobody else likes anyway.

Clinton may continue the proxy war with Russia in Syria....isn't it time the US let go its gripes with Russia? It's not the Soviet Union any more.

Best to let Assad regain control of the area, and help Russia fight against ISIS...imo.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trump would be a disaster from top to bottom. He's already spoken about how Saudi Arabia, as well as Japan and South Korea (and most likely others in his mind) should be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

That's without considering the poll that suggested that 46% of americans think that he would use nuclear weapons as well.

Thing is, even if he wins, I don't think he'd last the full four year term though unless Mike Pence basically becomes the de-facto president and runs the country with Trump as nothing more than a figurehead.

Trump is facing fraud trials and child-rape trials as well, which seem to have been glossed over in favour of "the emails", so how is that going to look for a president-elect?

I truly hope he doesn't win.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Trump can say what he likes now, but he is on record of being in favour of all these foreign excursions at the time, so it shouldn't wash really. He also says he's going to defeat ISIS, not sure how he's going to do that without some kind of force in the Middle-East.

Appeasement to Russia also could lead to some very bad places, particularly if putin keeps on taking back lands he believes is his. Think "peace in our time" could be a Trump slogan.

I, too, dislike Clinton's, and basically every American, and UK leaders record in Foreign Affairs for many years, but I genuinely feel Trump is much more dangerous.
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he does win I'd be worried that some nutter may take a shot at him. Hope they'd have him very well protected.

His Secret Service detail acted correctly but no-one could get a gun in as everyone goes through a metal detector at these rallies.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,371
    Forum Member
    Meh. It's not like anything of value would be lost...
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he does win I'd be worried that some nutter may take a shot at him. Hope they'd have him very well protected.

His Secret Service detail acted correctly but no-one could get a gun in as everyone goes through a metal detector at these rallies.

Which makes you wonder why he advocates open-carry for the rest of the country, surely good guys with guns will stop the bad guys?
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Could well have been a setup - the "protestor" with the "bill clinton is a rapist" sign at one of clinton's rallies allowed her to deliver a seemingly well rehearsed "off the cuff" speech.

Yes... because of course a veteran of thousands of public speaking events couldn;t have possibly responded to a heckle without it being set up way in advance. #missingsarcasmsmiley
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The same could be said if Clinton wins, especially as Trump has aroused all the anti government conspiracy theorists who think any Clinton win must be an establishment fix.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crying "Gun" is a good way of getting prompt service from the security personnel to deal with a protestor.

cf. Call 999 for the Fire Brigade to get Tibbles out of your tree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trump sometimes comes across a fairly humble sometimes at the present, but I wonder if he would just become a megalomaniac if he was president,.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked that Trump has not been arrested for his alleged sex crimes. If that was the UK, even if he was innocent, he'd be arrested and his name splashed over every newspaper in the land (Cliff Richard springs to mind).

If t his is the USA, the I'm quite glad I live in the UK! At least our politicians argue over politics, not who's shagged who, or emailed who / how.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think so. I think Hilary will win, but I'm a bit worried at how close it is.

I hope you are right but I have this horrible feeling based on a perception that the world is going in a very sinister direction at present.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am astonished he hasn't been served with a writ for defamation. I am absolutely staggered by the things that have been said in public forums or published (on both sides). It seems to be open season where anyone can make any sort of claim or accusation no matter how slanderous or write jaw dropping libelous copy. Extraordinary. The world seems to be going to hell in a handcart at the moment.

Trump does seem to be launching any old attack at Hilary Clinton. Going on about her husband and rape has really nothing to do with Hilary and if she's fit to be President. It shows how utterly desperate he's becoming. His criticisms/attacks should be focusing on Hilary and not what her husband may or may not have done. It's not her husband who's trying to become President.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Americans believe it shows misjudgement that she 'allowed the situations' (did not keep him under the thumb) or that she did not divorce him when he was exposed
    or that she 'stood by her man' purely as a cynical long-term strategy for the Whitehouse bid in due course
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I haven't got the link but Michael Moore has all but conceded that Trump will win.
    Not sure if it's his way of panicking Dem voters to turn out
  • Options
    taskertasker Posts: 4,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have got to the point where Trump doesn't worry me, hes very dangerous out of control idiot, always was always will be.
    What we should be worried about is the nearly 160 million other idiots that will vote for him, that is a lot of very worrying people and most of them with numerous guns and a twisted view of the modern world.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Trump's more likely to start a war than bring peace.

The man's a few steps away from crazy imo and appears to have a short fuse, coupled with bad judgment.