Why are Larry and Scarlett almost always exempt from doing the trials?

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So going by your 'logic' its safe to assume that these two are exempt from anything such as their farting so loudly in the night they gave themselves temporary shock. Take your blinkers off because I don't know why you and several others have a problem with the term medical condition

Ah, these "two" so you don't like Larry either? Two of the people who've been exempted and from two tasks in 12 days? How do you cope? Get a strongly worded email off to Dr. Bob &Co. immediately, express your outage at what you know is only contestants indolence and pretence :D
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think its got anything to do with liking or disliking anyone in there, its the unfairness I dont like, and why some are in there who arent capable of some tasks, or just dont want to do them. they shouldnt be there at all.
  • MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said this before, you'd be hard pressed to find 12 people who didn't have one single issue between them. Larry is deaf (in one ear?) so is unable to do anything that would require him being submerged in water - my assumption. That's a disability, are we going to discriminate against disabled people now? It's one type of challenge that he can't take part in but he's been more than capable in the ones that he has participated in.

They are also prevented from taking part by the medics etc when they are ill, sickness or the trots included. So by that reckoning, even the healthiest of people could be ruled out of a trial if they got some kind of bug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mellsbells wrote: »
    I've said this before, you'd be hard pressed to find 12 people who didn't have one single issue between them. Larry is deaf (in one ear?) so is unable to do anything that would require him being submerged in water - my assumption. That's a disability, are we going to discriminate against disabled people now? It's one type of challenge that he can't take part in but he's been more than capable in the ones that he has participated in.

They are also prevented from taking part by the medics etc when they are ill, sickness or the trots included. So by that reckoning, even the healthiest of people could be ruled out of a trial if they got some kind of bug.
    Swimmers earplugs are used by many though, if they had the runs surely they would be sent out of the camp... and another thing Ive often wondered about, IF they really do eat certain drinks and food in there in trials, why dont more have problems, or is the dodgy food for real.
  • MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Swimmers earplugs are used by many though, if they had the runs surely they would be sent out of the camp... and another thing Ive often wondered about, IF they really do eat certain drinks and food in there in trials, why dont more have problems, or is the dodgy food for real.

I remember seeing a follow up show to 'Survivor' from the US and one of the ex contestants from that said that whenever they had a challenge involving proper food i.e bidding for a burger or something, they'd normally feel so unwell after that they'd usually 'lose it' on the way back to their camp because their systems weren't used to it.

I'd put money on there being a few getting tummy problems in the IACGMOoH camp, with the food as well as the 'dunny' experience for 12 people.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mellsbells wrote: »
    I remember seeing a follow up show to 'Survivor' from the US and one of the ex contestants from that said that whenever they had a challenge involving proper food i.e bidding for a burger or something, they'd normally feel so unwell after that they'd usually 'lose it' on the way back to their camp because their systems weren't used to it.

I'd put money on there being a few getting tummy problems in the IACGMOoH camp, with the food as well as the 'dunny' experience for 12 people.....
    I have my doubts about the food and the dunny to be honest, there may be a tiny bit of testicle or whatever in some chicken made to look like the real thing, but IM dubious about the food altogether .
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Ah, these "two" so you don't like Larry either? Two of the people who've been exempted and from two tasks in 12 days? How do you cope? Get a strongly worded email off to Dr. Bob &Co. immediately, express your outage at what you know is only contestants indolence and pretence :D

So that's it...you're one of those who takes reality TV shows that seriously that you have to send emails. You keep telling me to write in. This is a forum for opinions and mine differs to yours. Stick that in your in tray and bang off an email to Dr Bob telling him you seem to know more about the world of medicine than anyone who doesn't share your naivety and arrogance.
  • HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    I havent seen anyone on Strictly refusing to do spins because they have vertigo. they just shouldnt be in the Jungle with so many ailments that stop them sharing the same trials as the rest, its not right.

Anastacia didn't have to do the dance off due to problems with surgery scars one week and Laura didn't compete at all one week due to an injury and yet they still stayed in the competition - can't see the difference myself :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anastacia didn't have to do the dance off due to problems with surgery scars one week and Laura didn't compete at all one week due to an injury and yet they still stayed in the competition - can't see the difference myself :confused:
    Yes true, but these were things that happened during the dances, or rehearsals although I really dont think Anastasia should have took the gamble with her operation. so in that yes you are right. Its the unfairness though that I dont like in the jungle with the ones who get out of some challenges.
  • kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a phobia of heights and could not get on an aeroplane I could not even drive over a main flyover in our area and made a 20 mile detour to avoid it I also used to throw up if I had to go up further than three steps on a ladder
    (threw up on hubby once while trying to put up curtains)

The first time I flew or drove over anywhere high was 12 year ago when I was 48 after a year of exposure therapy, CBT and counselling

I still get worried about flying but I can now drive over heights and hang my curtains :D
    I am the same with ladders,glass lifts,escalators,driving over high bits,cant do bridges etc but I have no problems travelling in an aeroplane and can even sit in a window seat!!
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I don't think they should go in if they have any health issues at all that excludes them. Must be running out of celebrities that are healthy. Trials are the biggest part of being there so if can't take part no point in them being in at all. They can just sit around camp poking the fire and doing F all.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member

So as not to discriminate then they should ALL be allowed to wear earplugs so that bugs don't crawl in their orifices - as per Fatima Whitbread who Dr. Bob said there was nothing in her ear/nose when she knew their flipping was and fired it out of her nose herself. If that had been someone else that thing would have crawled around in there for ages and would probably have had to have surgery to remove it later!
  • doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was very determined in the last trial. And very eager to put herself up for it, amongst others. Running up to the phone box with energy before anyone else could, dancing with Ola, begging to do anything that put her in the limelight. I'm truly stumped :confused
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse wrote: »
    She was very determined in the last trial. And very eager to put herself up for it, amongst others. Running up to the phone box with energy before anyone else could, dancing with Ola, begging to do anything that put her in the limelight. I'm truly stumped :confused

About what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About what?

Are you an agent provocateur?? I have never seen anyone be so deliberately argumentative about everything and to everyone as much as you!! ☺️
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you tell me I soelt that wrong as well ☺️
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grr I mean 'spelt'

Lol
    Forum Member
    She's not happy about not winning immunity last night so out comes the bells palsy from years ago card...3 times now as with the other motor mouth Lamb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not happy about not winning immunity last night so out comes the bells palsy from years ago card...3 times now as with the other motor mouth Lamb

Surely she's not doing that max attention seeking again! :o

You know it's the Bells Palsy card for the third time and you know how it affects her now?

There couldn't be some real clues in the tasks they've been exempted from?:D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    chuck Scarlett in the river, call it 'sink or swim' I bet she swims :cool:

I'm liking that idea. I think you should contact the producers.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kira nerys wrote: »
    I am the same with ladders,glass lifts,escalators,driving over high bits,cant do bridges etc but I have no problems travelling in an aeroplane and can even sit in a window seat!!

I'm exactly the same !

One thing I would not be able to do is walk across that swinging rope bridge with the drop underneath that the zelebs do when they're going off to do a task ! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you an agent provocateur?? I have never seen anyone be so deliberately argumentative about everything and to everyone as much as you!! ☺️

Please don't reply if you disagree with me and don't want to discuss the points you raise and need to post insults and ridiculous exaggeration instead. It's totally unnecessary and unwelcome.
    I replied to your post, asking you a question on this discussion forum about the show.
    I don't understand what there is to be stumped about.
    I also don't understand how Scarlett can be constantly labelled an attention seeker and at the same time accused of deliberately not taking part in tasks which would gain her maximum attention. No-one can be both an attention seeker and an attention avoider.
    Grr I mean 'spelt'

Lol
    Nope another false accusation. I would never point out spelling mistakes either. :D
    Forum Member
    Surely she's not doing that max attention seeking again! :o

You know it's the Bells Palsy card for the third time and you know how it affects her now?

There couldn't be some real clues in the tasks they've been exempted from?:D

You seem to have all the answers but never share them don't you? I wonder why
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem to have all the answers but never share them don't you? I wonder why

As do you. Well, not totally true, you have fantasy answers, I wonder why ;-)

Max attention seeker or max attention avoider, which is it to be? :D

The only truth is you can't stand her and there's nothing wrong with that.

Each to his own.
    Forum Member
    As do you. Well, not totally true, you have fantasy answers, I wonder why ;-)

Max attention seeker or max attention avoider, which is it to be? :D

The only truth is you can't stand her and there's nothing wrong with that.

Each to his own.

As you can't stand Martin. As for your other point, do you not think she knows she would be stupid to do most trials. I think she's been briefed, scripted and dispatched and if you don't agree fine but this being a dog with a bone over your disagreeing is becoming very tedious now.