Options

Coming soon to Virgin TV

Comments

• Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope for these channels in 2017....
    History HD ( this has been long time coming and been told it's testing )
    AMC
    YourTV
    CNN HD
    Disney HD
    Disney Jr HD
    Disney XD HD
    Sky Atlantic ( SD, +1 HD)
    Fox News
    Blaze
    TJC Choice
    C+I HD
    True Crime
    True Drama
    Ch 4 +1 HD
    Movies4men +1
    Keep it Country
    ITV Encore ( SD +1 HD )
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    BBC One HD Eng Regions

BBC Two HD Nations

Remaining ITV HD Regions

Remaining Ch 4 HD Regions

Remaining UKTV not in HD, in HD

ALL Sky Channels in HD

More HD Sports channels
  • Options
    YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    AMC
    YourTV
    CNN HD
    Disney HD
    Disney Jr HD
    Disney XD HD
    Fox News
    Blaze
    TJC Choice
    C+I HD
    True Crime
    True Drama
    Ch 4 +1 HD
    Movies4men +1
    Keep it Country
    ITV Encore ( SD +1 HD )

True Drama no longer exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    BBC One HD Eng Regions

BBC Two HD Nations

Remaining ITV HD Regions

Remaining Ch 4 HD Regions

Remaining UKTV not in HD, in HD

ALL Sky Channels in HD

More HD Sports channels

We already receive every UKTV channel that broadcasts in HD, as well as every Sky channel available in HD except for Sky Atlantic. We already have every Sky, BT and Eurosport channel in HD, so which additional sports channels are you talking about?
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    YouView wrote: »
    We already receive every UKTV channel that broadcasts in HD, as well as every Sky channel available in HD except for Sky Atlantic. We already have every Sky, BT and Eurosport channel in HD, so which additional sports channels are you talking about?

The OP means Box Nation HD me thinks
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Link doesn't work for me... how odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Link doesn't work for me... how odd.

Try this one http://www.virginmediapresents.com/#tips/channelguide
  • Options
    lincsatlincsat Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly Sports HD channels that don't exist in the UK yet, Motors HD for example. Would also be good to get Sky & BT UHD channels
  • Options
    KevELLKevELL Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    lincsat wrote: »
    Possibly Sports HD channels that don't exist in the UK yet, Motors HD for example. Would also be good to get Sky & BT UHD channels

Doubt there be a Motors TV HD version as such.
    It seems likely we'll get the Motorsport.tv HD service at some point as this is scheduled to replace Motors TV in March.

Motors TV was taken over by the Motorsport Network last November, and the replacement channel appears to be a video on demand service.
    http://www.motorsport.com/general/news/motorsport-network-acquires-motors-tv-851620/
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours have been circulating that BT Sport would be leaving the XL/Full House pack.

This confirms that the information was inaccurate:

http://www.seenit.co.uk/confirmed-virgin-media-customers-wont-be-getting-free-boxnation/

It also puts to bed any hopes that VM customers who receive BT Sport will start to receive Box Nation at no extra cost.

Update: Been told that BT Sport 1 will be simulcasting most of the fights on BoxNation.

Someone on here in another thread says he's been told that the fights will be on BT Sport 2.

This change took place at about 00.30 on 10/1/17 in the middle of a film! I had assumed that it would simply be a rebrand!

Reminds me of when Granada Plus changed to ITV3 :D
    Randomguy1 wrote: »
    Great that the Sky Cinema channels are changing but surely they should've kept Sky Cinema Premiere +1 on 402 as there is no HD variant.

They have done.
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    AMC
    YourTV
    CNN HD
    Disney HD
    Disney Jr HD
    Disney XD HD
    Fox News
    Blaze
    TJC Choice
    C+I HD
    True Crime
    True Drama
    Ch 4 +1 HD
    Movies4men +1
    Keep it Country
    ITV Encore ( SD +1 HD )

AMC rumoured to be coming (but some say BT will withhold it in retaliation for VM taking action against BT for an unconnected issue).

Fox News is broadcasting off the EPG.

Viceland is broadcasting off the EPG.

True Crime have added the VM logo to their branding, so presumably they are set to join.

Kix Power has now finished, but will return later in the year. We'll be getting POP Max instead from the 9th Feb until 30th March.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours that Sony Movies will be joining "sometime in 2017" and that Viceland will be joining "in April 2017".

Well, the rumour about Sony Movies came true as it joined two days ago on the 10th.

Wonder if we'll have to wait until April until Viceland starts??
    The Moviemix licence has been removed, hope this doesn't mean that it will close after we've just got it :D

There was a rumour that Sony Movies was coming to VM; perhaps this is connected??

Seems like it was!
  • Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AMC rumoured to be coming (but some say BT will withhold it in retaliation for VM taking action against BT for an unconnected issue).
    That doesn't sound right to me. BT don't own AMC, they just have exclusive rights to the channel for a period of time. I wouldn't have thought BT would want to pay premium rates for exclusivity simply out of spite. The purpose of the channel for BT, as I understand it, was to encourage new broadband subscribers. Having achieved this with AMC (and more importantly, BT Sport), they may now intend to pay less by ceasing to restrict content to other platforms. That being the case, we could get this channel at any time from August, when it is possible that the existing exclusivity arrangements are due to expire.

Of course, VM may not be prepared to pay the amount that AMC demands, but that's another story!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the article in Virgin Media Presents that includes links to the Channel Guide and is updated frequently, but both links (to the desktop and mobile versions) seem to be dead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right to me. BT don't own AMC, they just have exclusive rights to the channel for a period of time. I wouldn't have thought BT would want to pay premium rates for exclusivity simply out of spite. The purpose of the channel for BT, as I understand it, was to encourage new broadband subscribers. Having achieved this with AMC (and more importantly, BT Sport), they may now intend to pay less by ceasing to restrict content to other platforms. That being the case, we could get this channel at any time from August, when it is possible that the existing exclusivity arrangements are due to expire.

Of course, VM may not be prepared to pay the amount that AMC demands, but that's another story!

Thanks, I didn't know that the exclusivity arrangement ended in August.

I think that the dispute could be this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/20/virgin-media-furious-over-120m-bt-sport-contract-as-ee-gives-cha/
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/20/virgin-media-furious-over-120m-bt-sport-contract-as-ee-gives-cha/

if there was any slim chance of BT Sport UHD being on VM.... if that article is anything to go by then I can say we'll never get that.
  • Options
    OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I don't know that this is actually the case, Richard. AMC commenced broadcasting on 28 August 2015, and of course August 2017 will be the second anniversary date. So it is possible that a two year exclusivity arrangement was agreed with AMC, after which the channel would be available on other platforms.

As these negotiations were carried out confidentially, no-one outside the parties concerned are likely to know the terms of the deal, so we can only speculate. The period might have been three years, or five! However, I would have thought BT would have been cautious about commiting to a longer period, given the risks they were taking with their sports project. The amount involved was eye watering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free Sky Sports now available for some customers:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2198972
  • Options
    Randomguy1Randomguy1 Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, it also means that channel 402 is now blank with no channel on it

I checked at someone's house that has Virgin and 402 still has Sky Cinema Premiere +1 on it they must have changed their mind but the information on the menu says it should be on 432.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Randomguy1 wrote: »
    I checked at someone's house that has Virgin and 402 still has Sky Cinema Premiere +1 on it they must have changed their mind but the information on the menu says it should be on 432.

They did change their mind, I read it somewhere that 402 will be Sky Cinema Premier +1
    and will not be blank as it was going to be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Link for the new Channel Guide for January 2017 has been fixed thanks to my Post on the Virgin Community Forums

They can be seen as follows

Introduction http://www.virginmediapresents.com/#tips/channelguide

Desktop Version http://cdn.virginmediapresents.com/2017/01/ChannelGuide_Jan2017_wk2-1.pdf

Mobile Version http://cdn.virginmediapresents.com/2017/01/ChannelGuide_Mobile_Jan2017_wk2-1.pdf
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't think that's a big deal as VM recently renewed its MVNO with BT.
    https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-and-bt-agree-new-mobile-deal.html
  • Options
    zilchzilch Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free Sky Sports now available for some customers:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2198972

I wonder why the promotion is only available to selected customers? What is the criteria? Perhaps I should ask them, my contract renewal is due soon!

UPDATE - Just checked with VM and they say it's only for customers that have previously ' shown an interest' in sports packages...which is very odd as some subscribers are saying they have the promotion but don't have any interest in the channels! Another Classic Error from the company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viceland has popped up on TV Anywhere (channel 215) with a Coming Soon listing so the launch must be imminent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Sky are going to lose the Discovery channels.

The following preparations have been made:

4461 11.836 H 27.5 5/6 DVB-S OPSK now showing a caption saying "Unfortunately Sky is not able to bring you this channel as the broadcaster has withdrawn it from the Sky platform".

The EPG info says "Programme is no longer available".

I've been reassured that VM will not be affected. I was led to believe that their SD Discovery channels were taken from the satellite used to broadcast the Discovery suite of channels on Sky, but they are now delivered via fibre in the same way as the HD variants.